R0utine

"I'm going to try to leave again," Tim sighs, staring off into the trees. His mask lay on the ground beside him.
You feel your heart skip a beat. You two were getting so close and you liked the routine that you had together. Why did he want to steal that away?
"Why?" You all but whisper.
"Because the killing will start again soon. I'm stick of being a monster who murders children." Masky shook his head, lighting another cigarette. "Why do you think we've had to train every single day?"
In disbelief, you say the first thing that comes to mind to change the subject. "You're not getting anywhere if you keep chainsmoking like that. You'll leave a trail."
The usual response you received when teasing him was a chuckle. This time, his eyes drifted to the ground and he quietly put the cigarette out in the dirt. After a moment of silence, he looked at you.
"I want you to come with me, (your name)," he said, a hopefulness in his tone. "I'll miss you if I go alone."
"You won't even remember me once you desert this place," you reply, feeling frustrated. "I haven't even gotten all my memories back from last time I tried to leave. This is as close to normal I've had since I lost my family and now you want to take that away too?" Tears welled in your eyes.
"(Your name), I — "
"What's the point anyway? The 0perat0r's going to find you and drag you right back anyway."
"Because I love you, (your name)," he almost shouts in response. Your eyes grow wide. "I love you and I think you deserve a better life than this. I still want to make you breakfast every morning and to have you sit with me on my smoke breaks. I just don't want either of us to have to live here anymore."