14 - An unexpected visit

Start from the beginning

"I gotta go, Macau...you should go back home".

"Let me fix the collar of your shirt first..."

Those small things...it's a nice feeling to have someone who takes care of me...who worries about me the way Macau does. Besides Khun Noo, I used to have this kind of feeling secretly for Pete. It's so good to be on the other side too...for once.

"I'll talk to Khun Vegas, Macau. I'll ask him permission to date you. I want to do things the right way."

"But I'm not a girl! And my brother is not my father."

"But he is the one who loves you the most in this life... who raised you very well. We must respect that."

"You're right...but my brother is very protective. He used to talk to me about Dr Top...even encouraging me about my feelings...but it seems that while it was platonic it was okay. When I finally like someone for real and have a chance to be liked back, he's changed his mind. I don't know if it's because he knows you used to like P'Pete.

"What?..h-how...?"

"I didn't say anything! But...I think he suspects of you. He can't stand you. ...and maybe...in his mind, you still likes P'Pete."

"I swear I don't! Not the way he thinks...Pete is a dear friend, and I will always like him as my friend...I've already told you that."

"I believe you, but..."

"Don't worry, Macau. I'm going to clarify my feelings for Pete with Khun Vegas and my feelings for you. I won't give up on the first 'no'. I can be stubborn too."

Macau's smile filled me with courage, although I know that this conversation will not be easy.

We are about to kiss again when someone knocks on the door.

"KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK"

"Arm!Arm!"

"I think it's Pol calling for you, Arm"

I open the door and Pol speaks in a rush.

"Arm, you need to come with me. Khun Noo is like crazy calling out for you. I think it's serious."

"What happened, Pol? Is my brother here??" Macau suddenly got out of bed, nervous, not noticing that he was only wearing his underwear.

"Cover up Macau!" I hurriedly throw the covers over him.

"Oh, I didn't see anything, I swear!" Pol turns his back. "I haven't seen Khun Vegas around here, Nong Macau. But Khun Noo left early in the morning to go for an appointment with Dr. Top, and came from there very agitated. He looked pretty worried...and it looked like it was about one of the three of us."

"One of the three of us?" I asked, not understanding anything.

"Yes... Me, you or Pete. And so he told me to find you and take you to him immediately."

"Okay, Let's go, Pol"

"Wait! I'll go with you!"

"Better not, Macau. Let me check first what Khun Noo needs."

"Please get dressed and go home. Everyone must be worried about you."

"But Arm..."

"Go before your brother comes for you and things get more complicated."

"Okay..."

"Trust me. I will work it out."

I stroke Macau's face and leave the room with Pol.

...

When I arrive at Khun Noo's room, I find him pacing back and forth, frowning.

"Excuse me, Khun Noo...are you looking for me?"