Chapter 6. Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

"I. Have. Moved. On." She enunciates each word and exhales a shaky breath, rubbing the corner of her eyes. "If your ex ever comes back, you'll be affected too. Stop being so harsh on me."

"I won't be affected." Akira states firmly and Inaaya struggles to compose herself because she knew it was true. She despised how weak she felt amongst the three. "And I hope you don't regret whatever you said to me later." Akira adds with the same unbothered, cool manner. "And it's okay if you're still stuck. You don't have to keep denying and lying to yourself."

"I'm not stuck!" Inaaya yells, a sob racking her body. "You know what, fuck you!" She spats and grabs her phone. "I'm fine, I'm happy, I've moved on." She mutters, typing a message furiously on her phone and then hitting the send option before showing the same to Akira.

5:43 pm.

Hey!
You free tomorrow evening? We can go for the date. Text me the address, I'll be there by six-thirty.

Without saying another word, she waltzes to her room and slams the door behind her aggressively.

"Akira, I'm sorry- "

"Take care of her. Bye." Akira says unfazed and strides towards the main door, opening it and then walking out.

-

It's half an hour after everyone leaves when Ayansh exits his office. He was given a tour of the whole place by Daniel in the morning after the introductions and during lunch, he was mildly miffed that Mr Stevens didn't tell him about Inaaya working here while Mr Stevens simply seemed to be amused by the tragedy. Ayansh had his office on the fourth floor whereas Inaaya had her cabin on the third. There was a penthouse on the fifth floor about which Ayansh said he would think if he needs to shift there. He wasn't very pleased to know that Daniel knew about his and Inaaya's dynamic but then he couldn't do much about it.

"I'm an old man and it's hard to keep things just to myself." Mr Stevens had said in his defense.

The rest of the day Ayansh spent in his office, learning and getting acquainted with everything important with the help of Mr Stevens and the other managers of different sectors. He excused himself once to have a small break and just visit all the floors to check on the people when in reality, he just wanted a glance at Inaaya. When he was moving past the adjoined cabins, people greeted him except her who seemed to be diligently immersed in her work to even notice him. He didn't complain, neither felt upset because he knew he probably deserved none of her attention.

And yet, he couldn't help but feel content to have her in front of his eyes, his reason to live, his reason to survive.

It was raining in the evening and a smile crept up on his lips. Life suddenly felt good, better even. He stepped out in the rain, facing heavenward and welcoming the heavy downpour. His driver who was waiting, noticed it and rushed to him with the umbrella.

"Sir? What are you doing?"

"I love rains." He said with a gleeful laugh and pushed away the umbrella from his head. "I fucking love rains." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair and then messing it up.

"Sir, you'll fall ill. I think we must leave." The driver urged, confused by Ayansh's behaviour and even feeling second hand embarassment for him.

Ayansh looked at him and sighed reluctantly. "Fine, let's go."

As he slid into the backseat and put the towel over his lap, he quickly pulled out his phone and dialled Sarya's number eagerly.