Dancing In Snow For The Winter Ball ❄️

Before we left, we asked how long we had before the ball. It was 3 days. 3 whole days we had to get everything ready and together. How this didn't come up before the 3 day limit, we won't talk about. Walking into the house, I sighed, "Who else is Tamaki dancing with at the dance? Did you somehow forget the duet you shared with him on the piano?" Savannah rolled her eyes, setting her bags down at by the couch, "It's a ball, not a dance. He has so many other girls drooling over him, so he has a vast number of people to dance with. There's girls there are experienced in this thing and are so much more attractive and elegant.....then there's me." We all stayed silent thinking on that. None of us had a proper response to that, so we simply went our separate ways to think on it more. I went into my room, overthinking my role in the club and in the friend group in general. Savannah sat in the living room, turning on the TV to drown out some of the doubts she started to have. Dayna went into the kitchen and cooked without thinking about it, she's a different breed from us. 

      2 days left until the ball. It was the weekend, so we had plenty of time to...cry, I think. I'm actually wrong, since the twins invite us all to go get custom tailored outfits together. Savannah was hesitant for this one, but I pushed us all to enjoy this day out for the sake of our sanity. If this is going to eat at our minds, we might as well focus on the positive side. We got ready for them to come and pick us up to go, but it was me who did the most overthinking of what to even wear to the damn thing. I even had to throw something on, because they got there while I was trying to put something together. "So, what kind of dresses are you thinking of wearing, ladies?" Kaoru asked us. Dayna asked if she could just wear a suit like Haruhi, but of course she was denied very quickly. Savannah left it to chance, only wanting something a bit revealing for fun's sake. I really didn't think about it, so I guess I was up for anything. Arriving there, Dayna was basically pushed in to go first as the twins went to already search for possible dresses for her. As we waited, Savannah decided to try and push Kyoya and I together. Sure, we've had our teasing and flirting, but Kyoya was difficult to tell if what he was saying was for his own advantage or actually real. "He had to like Rose. I'll just do a bit of pushing to help speed things along," Savannah thought to herself. Going over to Kyoya, trying and failing to act not suspicious, she sighed, "I'm sure someone like you is saving your first dance for someone special, right? I mean, I would." "Unlike you, I have to focus on my duties as a Host, so even if I did they wouldn't really matter." She was a little put off by that answer, frowning to herself as he didn't even look at her while answering. Just sitting there and reading. What they both didn't know is that I heard what he said, and it totally didn't hurt...not at all. 

      Meanwhile, stepping away from my heart slowly breaking for the 40th time, Tamaki pulled away from the job and held out a dress to her. It was a royal blue sheer high neck maxi dress with a sequin bodice and silt up mid thigh, "What do you think about this dress?" It was beautiful. The sight took her to a fantasy of her and Tamaki dancing the night away, twirling and spinning in a golden ballroom as classical music bounced off the walls quietly. Laying her head on his chest, she would smile and wish the night would never end. But something broke that fantasy, a seed from a bad thought. "I...I don't know," She looked to Tamaki. "Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's mostly me that's the problem. I mean, I'm shaped like a lump of coal." He gave her a perplexed expression for a minute before returning the conversation more serious than anyone except him to be with anyone. "Savannah," He sighed. "I get that you joke around like that with Rose and Dayna, but I feel like you actually believe that." "Look at me, Senpai." He gently grabbed both of her hands, putting them up to his lips to kiss her knuckles. "I am," He conceded. "And I see an angel with halo and wings even they can't see themselves. Blind to their own power over people...over me." Tamaki whispered the last part, not having the courage to say it out loud. They both stood their, falling in love with each other all over again, yet not knowing the other felt the exact same way. Afterwards, we all got our outfits...well, except me. They think that I got my dress, but I secretly returned it. I don't think I wanna go to this thing.