Chapter 16 (Lyssa)

When I snap back to reality I am sitting straight up and my teacher is staring right into my eyes, I wiped away tears that had appeared and without another word to my teacher, I grab my book bag and ran out the door, I don't stop 'till I am in my dads car with my seat belt on, 

"Hey kid what took so long?" he asked, my dad was the easiest to read, his face told me that he didn't really care what happened, he was either mad or just starting to start a conversation so we weren't sitting in awkward silence the whole car ride. I just turned on the radio and looked out the window while he started driving away I felt more tears start to spring to my eyes and I wiped them way before they were noticeable.

When my dad pulled into the driveway I hopped out the car and ran into the house wanting to find my mom.

"Mom!" I yelled.

"What?!" she yelled back from the kitchen.

"Did Lillie's mom tell you why she wasn't at school today?" I asked, my voice trembling, but I didn't care, I just needed to know where she was.

"Oh um, no, I don't think so, why Lillie wasn't at school today?" my mom asked me, I stood there wanting a more accurate explanation on why Lillie wasn't at school. "Whoa what happened you look like you've seen a ghost." my mom says walking over to me. "Did something happen at school?" Not wanting to tell her anything else I just shook my head and smiled.

"No, never mind, she was probably just sick or something" I say calmly. "But mom do you think I could go over and see if she's okay?" I ask, inside I was secretly hoping for a yes. My mom thought about it for a moment.

"Okay fine but be back by 6 in time for dinner." she says, I nod, agreeing to the terms, and walk back into the driveway finding my bike and helmet and started biking to Lillie's house.

I walked my bike the rest of the way up her driveway and hid it in one of the bushes, I took off my helmet and knocked on the door, no answer, I knocked again, nothing, I was about to knock again when I heard shuffling from the other side of the door, I calmly waited 30 seconds before knocking again, this time the door opened and Lillie's mom stepped out, she had her hair in a tight bun, and was wearing a flower blouse and tie-die tights. 

"Is Lillie home?" I asked.

"She said she was with you." Lillie's mom replied, she looked kind of offended that she could have been lied to by her own daughter, my brain is always coming up with lies and I just so happen to have lie ready for this exact moment. 

"Oh yea I remembered what I was going to tell you," I lied "Lillie joined this impact club after school, and then after we were going to my house and study for this big math test, but she had to leave the club early and she said she was going to walk home." I finished the lie, and secretly hoping that her mom believes me. 

"Oh well she certainly came home," Lillie's mom says, I sigh a sigh of relief, "You can check her room if you want." She finished,

"Thank's so much" I say thanking her, she lets me in and I immediately run into Lillie's room, It was empty.