Chapter 15 - Oh no

Remus

I knew something was wrong as soon as I woke up. I was alone, but not really. I didn't sense James, Sirius and Peter's presence with me this time. It would take a little while longer for the memories to come back. My shirt was torn in a few spots, and the knee of my jeans was ripped up. I pushed myself to sit up but a heavy thud and groan caused me to stop and freeze. A small red fox was laying at my side, cuddled there. Confused of why and how a fox had gotten into the whomping willow, and all the way to the shrieking shack, I inhaled deeply and a sweet scent filled my nose. A human scent.

Lyra

I knew something was wrong as soon as I woke up. I was alone. Remus was gone. I quickly transformed into myself and cursed mentally at falling asleep. Checking the time, I cursed myself mentally again and sprinted across the grounds and through the corridors. I hadn't meant to fall asleep, only keep the werewolf contained and keep him company. Now, he'll definitely be suspicious. All four of them. I sighed, muttering angrily. I burst into Potions, just as the bell rang. Remus wasn't there, but that wasn't too surprising. James, Sirius and Peter weren't either. I straightened my Ravenclaw tie and sat down next to Lily and Mary.

Professor Slughorn strode into the classroom, there were mutters of greeting from members of his slug club. I heard the door open and turned my head to see Remus walking in. He strode over to Slughorn and handed him a note, leaving the professor nodding in understanding. Obviously the teachers knew about his condition. He sat down and Slughorn went to begin the lesson, only for the three missing boys to come crashing into the room. Wordlessly, Slughorn seemed to be already writing out their detentions.

"Today, we're learning about Amortentia. Can anyone tell me what this potion does?" Many hands rose up. Including Lily's. "Yes, Miss Evans?"

Lily, looking pleased with herself, sat up straighter. "It is a love potion." She shifted in her seat. "It creates an obsession with the other person."

"Right! Anything anyone would like to add? Mr. Lupin, how about you?"

Remus lowered his hand and glanced around. "All I can add to what Evans said," he received a glare from a certain redhead. "Is that it smells different depending on what attracts each person."

Slughorn beamed at Remus. "Exactly! Ten points to Gryffindor. Why don't you tell us what you smell as an example?" He handed Remus the already made potion.

He hesitantly picked up the potion and breathed deeply for a few moments before speaking up again. "Chocolate. Fresh parchment. Soap. And vanilla."

"Thank you, Mr. Lupin." The professor continued to drone on, with me tuning it out.

{5/09/15}