Chapter 16 - Invitations

Lyra

I quickened my pace as I heard the marauders behind me, but they were too quick. In a few moments, James was standing directly in front of me with Peter behind me, Sirius to my left and Remus, whom had a strange look in his eye, to my right. I huffed and waited for them to hex me. But they didn't. I opened my eyes to see Sirius in front of me.

"Davi."

"Black." I hissed with as much venom as possible.

"So, I assume you've heard of the ball?"

"So?"

"So, go to the ball with me." It was more of a statement than a question.

"No."

"No?"

"Are you daft? Yes, I said no."

His eyes narrowed at me. "No? But-"

"B-but but but?" I rolled my eyes. "Is it so hard to believe? Is your head so far up your arse that you think your ego is so amazing?"

Rage spread over his face like wildfire, but I wasn't done yet.

"I've been bullied by you foul gits for years and you have the nerve, you have the bloody nerve to even dare ask me."

I turned and ran in the opposite direction, dodging jinxes and hexes. I didn't care. I jogged through crowds of people and I didn't stop running until I had reached the Ravenclaw common room.

Time lapse

I sighed, as I strode around the Gryffindor dorm that Lily and Mary shared. Mary was wearing a knee length purple dress with ruffled sleeves and Lily was wearing a slightly shorter red dress with straps. I sat on the floor, contemplating what to do. I had already bought a green dress with Slytherin jewellery, but now I was Ravenclaw and a girl I shared with, gave me a long blue gown to borrow. Mary and Lils had refused to choose for me, as they thought I should be able to choose.

"How did I get into this mess?" I thought grudgingly.

{5/12/15}