Chapter 9 - Moonlight

Lyra

The full moon glistened through the skylight of the library. Shining brightly above my head, in all it's glory. Kind of like the glory of when I put the final words onto my transfiguration essay. I sprung to my feet suddenly, pleased with my brilliantly done work.

I quickly threw my bag over my shoulder, shoving my muggle pencil behind my ear and my quill into the front pocket of my favourite muggle skirt. Taking care to leave everything as it had been before I arrived, I flicked the lights off and carefully locked the door. Too quickly to see the shape move outside the window.

My feet crunched against the leaves on the ground and I unconsciously smoothed my skirt, brushing off any cat furs from Mistletoe (strange name for a black and grey cat, I know.)

Until a loud howl shattered the evening quiet.

3rd person

The girl with the amber coloured eyes started when she heard the brutal yelp in the air. And through the eyes of the beast, it examined her as she searched for the source of the sound with her eyes. Her head whipped from side to side and her hair, in its long ponytail, hit both sides of her freckled face, as fear began to cloud her eyes.

That's when the beast lunged for her.

3rd person - elsewhere

Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs all sprinted through the fields, trying to find the werewolf they knew was out there somewhere. They had begun to head back when Peter noticed Sirius' ears picking up some sort of sound. Then the screams filled the air.

Sirius

I began to laugh in amusement when the girl I hated so much came into view, though a small knot in my stomach had surfaced. I assumed James had spotted her as well, as his expression of disbelief appeared on his newly animalistic face. Lyra lay sprawled on the grounds, blood around her shoulder blades and Remus was a good distance away from her, cowering at what he had just done as the moon vanished behind the clouds and dawn began to appear. The smell of vanilla and blood was in the air. My laughs became more human as I transformed back into my self, while Peter and James did the same. Peter had a tiny fraction of fear behind his eyes, while James' expression was one of pure terror.

He met my eyes, as I raised an eyebrow at my best friend. "This is great!" I laughed my bark-like laugh. James stared at me. What he said next made my blood run cold.

"She can get us expelled."

{4/25/15}