Chapter 1 - Prologue p1

3rd person

The small girl skipped slowly over the hard surface of the train station flooring. Pushing the heavy cart with almost no difficulty at all and no care in the world, she made no effort to wait for the people jogging after her. All around her, more people struggled with their heavy baggage. Suitcases and carry on bags, alongside trolleys and odd baggage.

Her face broke into a natural smile, laughing to herself and thought briefly before gazing down at what lay on her own. Two flowery suitcases, a grey bag and a cage stared back up at her. A grey and black kitten shifted slightly from inside it, as she carried on. She finally made it there with two final long strides, just as her family reached her side, faces all red.

"Go on, then." The man shoved her roughly, fingernails scratching the skin of her collarbone. His greying hair was of a dark brown colour and was brushed neatly.

The woman stepped forward and reluctantly wrapped her arms around her daughter. Her hair was light blonde but without grey. It was pulled back in a tight, almost painful looking, ponytail. A girl that looked to be only a year or two older than her, hung back slightly.

Her blondish hair was in a loose braid and it was held back by several pins. She strode forward and gripped the smaller girl's wrist. "Be sure to keep up." She yanked her towards the barrier and abruptly turned to nod a farewell to their parents, before spinning on her heel and quickstepping away.

*

James

I glanced up at the sound of the door being opened. A boy with long, curly black hair strode in, looking terribly pleased with himself. "Mind if I sit here?" A smirk spread across his face and he sank into the seat by the window, without awaiting my reply.

"I assume you aren't leaving, anyway." I shoved my glasses further up my nose, smirking. "You are?" The boy's back seemed to straighten more, if it was possible, and a cocky smirk once again slid onto his face, mirroring mine.

"Sirius." I stared at him a few moments, waiting for him to finish but he didn't.

"Sirius..?" I trailed off, looking at him pointedly.

"Doesn't matter." He shrugged. "Who are you?"

"Potter. James Potter."

*

Lyra

I bounced past each compartment door, searching for an empty one. I swayed back and forth slightly, from the moving of the train. My foot caught and I was flung forwards, catching my breath when arms quickly enveloped me and broke my fall. My hair elastic chose that perfect time to split and my reddish coloured hair cascaded down my back. I glanced up quickly, expecting to see my sister's blue eyes, but instead, grey ones met mine. I sprung to my feet, face flushing, and smoothed out my skirt.

"Watch where you're going, love, I won't always be here to catch you." The boy straightened up and smirked at me. "It would be a shame if someone as beautiful as you got hurt." He winked at me and I felt my face heat up, furiously trying to hide it.

I muttered a quick thank you and turned on my heel, sprinting away as soon as I thought I was out of sight. I stopped to catch my breath, leaning on a compartment door. Until it was suddenly yanked from under me. I squeaked in surprise as I tumbled backwards, sprawling onto the floor at the feet of three boys. I jumped up and hurriedly brushed the dirt off of myself before turning to them.

"Oh, I'm sorry." My voice lowered slightly and I whispered the words. I examined them as I caught my breath. One boy was rounder and had blondish hair, stuffing himself with food as if he was racing someone nonexistent. The second one had hazel coloured eyes, hidden behind circular glasses and dark hair that stood out in all directions. The last boy had a book in his hand and was silently sitting there, staring back at me. He had light brown hair and small scars all over his face. I quickly looked away, blushing, when I caught his eye. I turned to leave until I heard a voice speak up behind me.

"There's room right over here." The hazel eyed boy patted the seat next to him and smirked at my red face.

"Oh, my friends are waiting for me. I best get going now." I lied. I backed up towards the door but not before it swung open, knocking me flat on my face again. I heard the hazel eyed boy roaring with laughter as the person who had hit me stared down at me in surprise. I groaned and swore under my breath, muttering what must have sounded like very inhuman and unintelligent words.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" An all too familiar voice spoke up from behind me, in a mocking tone. I looked up at him and glared darkly. "Oh!" His eyes flashed with recognition and laughter. "Why, look who it is! We've got to stop meeting like this, love."

My cheeks flushed a deep red and I sank down into the seat next to hazel eyes, still glaring sourly. The boy who had knocked me over then sat next to me, erasing any person space I had left and squishing me into the other boy. My face turned an even darker red and I glared blankly ahead. I listened to very few words of their conversation but came to the conclusion that hazel eyes was James, grey eyes who kept trying to kill me was Sirius, the boy with the scars and book was Remus and the food crazed boy was Peter.

Oh, joy.

{4/10/15}