Chapter 14 - Full moon mania

James

The full moon shone brightly on the grounds. I pranced around, waiting for Moony with his furry little problem to show up. Padfoot laid on the ground near me, with Wormtail beside him. A loud, pained howl filled the nighttime quiet. Eerie silence followed it and Wormtail quickly sped away from the Whomping willows flailing branches. Padfoot and I remained there, in wait, though alert. Eventually, they froze in mid swing and we stood up quickly. I followed closely behind Sirius, as he sprinted towards the small opening. He vanished down it, seconds before I did.

3rd person

The full moon got higher and brighter in the sky, making it more and more difficult for the marauders to keep Remus contained. Until, finally they left the whomping willow, prancing through the grounds. They thought they were so clever, so brave. Not caring what dangers it was.

It never even crossed their minds that this might've not been a smart idea even once. They just enjoyed the adrenaline and joy of being able to have power over something they did for once and no one had any idea at all. No clue in the world. But there was something else they had control over at least a little bit. Someone. Lyra. It was thoughts like this that made Sirius laugh. Because they had control over someone that couldn't fight back and was so utterly defenceless, vulnerable?

Or because she was just another truly disgusting Slytherin git. But now she wasn't Slytherin. And wasn't that all that made them think she was a git? All that made them think she was disgusting and horrible and stupid and overall useless. Clueless, if not invincible to their abuse and hurtful insults.

Had they not thought for one second that she might be like anyone else? No. Had they thought for one second that she might have fragile emotions? No. But had she ever thought about why they did it, thought about why they kept her away from them? No. But in their heads, it seemed like a fairly lame excuse. But, that didn't make their utter hatred for her any less.

It was these thoughts that made Sirius unfocused for a brief second, but only a second was needed for Remus to take advantage of it. He charged between Sirius and James, ramming the stag to the ground. The entrance to the castle was only a few long strides ahead of Remus and James was on the ground, a cut across his shoulder. It wasn't enough to seriously injure him, but enough to knock him out. Peter uselessly ran after them, on his tiny rat legs. But Sirius couldn't make it in time. And he didn't. But she did.

A rusty red coloured fox seemed to materialize out of no where and rose up on her hind legs, kicking out at the werewolf in front of her. As if she was oblivious to the danger of this. The fox seemed to have a sort of dotted pattern across her nose and giant, watery amber eyes. A sweet scent seemed to waft off of her. Sort of like vanilla.

She chased Remus back toward the whomping willow, and that was the last thing both Peter and Sirius saw before they passed out.

3rd person - elsewhere

Meanwhile, in the whomping willow, the fox tried to calm down the werewolf  until he finally fell asleep, soon before she did, curled up next to him.

{5/05/15}