Chapter 31 - Adrenaline

Dedicated to i_cant_be_a_muggle , 9catsin6hats , fourtris12divergent , Wolfsnichgirl101 , thatvirgofangirl , _serpensortia_ , meghan-garfield , bookloverAMRD and anyone else I missed that has voted, commented and read this story from the very beginning that I've written this. :)

3rd person - final chapter!

"Ly- Davi." He breathed out the name, quickly correcting himself. She immediately spun on her heel. She looked utterly miserable and dark bags were under her eyes, tears streaked down her face. She looked almost scary. When she saw him, her eyes flashed with rage dangerously and she almost seemed to hiss with fury. She whipped her arm up, ripping the wand from his grasp, where it landed on the ground nearby.

But she was still Lyra. Not anyone else, still Lyra. Still her. Clumsy, slightly less naïve, secretive, innocent and cunning her. But now, standing there in front of him, close enough to touch but still out of reach, the shadows on her face making her eyes look darker and her coppery hair more red. She looked like a demon. But she was his demon.

Her own eyes softened slightly when they met his. "Black."

"You don't have to leave, you know."

Her eyes flashed again. "How would you know?" She spat. "Why would I want to stay near you?"

Sirius questioned himself that for a short moment. "People need you."

She laughed bitterly. "Like who? Lily can protect herself, she protected me years ago. And Marlene is strong, also. If Mary got hurt, both Marlene and Lily would kick the poor git's sorry arse."

Words sprung out of his mouth before he could stop them. "I meant me."

She looked up quickly. "What?"

Sirius sighed exasperatedly. "I fancy you, okay? Blimey, I love you!"

Lyra's eyes darkened. "So? You bullied me all these years and you expect me to just forgive you like-"

"No." He cut in quickly.

Lyra sighed stubbornly. "No. I have to leave." She turned, as if to walk away, before turning back to Sirius.

He decided to take his chances and spoke up once more. "I love you, Davi- Lyra."

Her breathing became more ragged and he realized with a start that she was crying.

Her next word came out as a breathy whisper. "Sirius." Tears rapidly poured down her face and she raised a shaking hand up to his face, gently placing it there before her lips met his and she kissed him.

Only then did he realize, she was holding his fallen wand from when he had dropped it. She pulled back suddenly and he had to bite his lip to stop himself from crying out at what he was quite sure she was about to do. "Oblivi-"

He reached forward quickly and wrapped his hand around her wrist. She looked up at him in surprise and fear. He gazed into her eyes, willing her not to do it. But she didn't stay mesmerized in the grey eyes she knew so well by then, nearly as long as he would've wanted. She tore her wrist away and, while staring intently into his eyes, cast the spell.

"Obliviate." He didn't move to stop it this time, he was too busy memorizing the amber coloured eyes that belonged to the only person he had ever felt this way for. He felt his mind begin to become blurry, tears streamed down his cheeks. And his memories of her began to slip away.

Catching her as she fell down on the train, slamming the door into her when she met the Marauders, seeing her sorted into Slytherin, cursing and hexing her, hearing her sing in the corridor that day, feeling the rage blaze through him when she kissed Regulus, watching her as she slept in the hospital wing after being brutally attacked by Remus, her being sorted again into Ravenclaw, being repeatedly rejected ever since the ball, her dating Remus, her breaking up with Remus because of him, saving her from both the Slytherin and Mulciber, seeing her run toward the rubble and battle and finally seeing her screaming at something only she could see.

Every hour of every day. Every day of every week. Every week of every month. Every month of every year. Every year of every moment it took for him to fall in love with her. The girl with the amber eyes. Lyra. Until the name too began to slip from his grip. The last thing he saw before he lost his hold on reality were the deep amber eyes that were full of tears and a hauntingly familiar voice rang through his mind with words he thought he'd never forget. "You're better off to forget me." Then there was nothing, as the girl spun on her heel and vanished into the darkness with a familiar blonde girl soon joining her, where they soon disappeared.

{06/12/15}