Chapter 21 - Enemies?

Lyra

It had been nearly a week since the ball. I kept replaying it in my mind. I was sitting in the library, Remus was reading beside me. I sat there, writing poetry and doodling, while Remus curiously looked over the top of his book once in a while, examining my muggle pencil and notebook.

"Oh! I don't have my other pencil, be right back." I kissed Remus' cheek and quickly ran off to my dorm room.

You know, if I wasn't intercepted along the way.

"Lyra!" I heard Mulciber voice behind me and tried to walk faster, but he reached me quicker. I scowled. A curious look crossed his face. "What's the matter?"

"What's the matter?" I stopped walking. "You haven't spoken to me for weeks! Since I left Slytherin."

He stopped too. "Well, I-"

"You what? Had to go ask your parents if you could remain friends with a Ravenclaw?" A blank look was my response, and I knew I was correct.

"Well, I- um, I wanted to make it up to you."

I raised my eyebrows. "Go on."

"The ball, next week, I thought we-"

"The ball was last week! You git."

He looked sick to his stomach, but I knew it was only an act. "Then, hogsmeade! In two weeks."

"Well, I-"

"As friends!" He added quickly.

"Oh. Alright then.." I considered it. "I guess so."

I hurriedly turned on my heel and he had the good sense not to follow this time. I spotted a red headed girl a distance ahead of me, so I quickly ran after said girl. "Hey, Lils!" She turned. She had a furious expression, but it melted into a smile when she saw me. Until, she saw something over my shoulder and her face was furious again. I soon realized why. I followed her gaze and saw Potter and Black.

"Oi, Evans!"

Lily had turned as red as her hair with rage. "What do you want, Potter?"

"For you to go out with me." He said quickly.

"I wouldn't if it was a choice between you and the giant squid." She spat.

A look of hurt flashed across his face before his cockiness and arrogance resurfaced. He smirked at her. Lily immediately spun on her heel and, shooting me a sorry look, hurriedly stormed away.

"Davi." Sirius glared at me through clenched teeth.

"Problem, Black?"

"In fact, there is, Davi." His voice held a charming tone, though the rage was still in his face. He strode towards me, and I bit my lip, willing myself not to back away.

He started talking nonsense. "You see, I feel this way I shouldn't and you're a stupid Slytherin, I hate you because you're a bloody git." His face reddened with fury. "And you're bothering me because you're not like everyone else and-"

I laughed bitterly.

"Something funny, Davi?" He hissed.

"I see. You're upset because I'm not one of your lined up fangirls." James stepped closer, warningly and Sirius flushed with rage.

I laughed again, without humour. "I don't see why I didn't notice before. The requests to dance, you trying to get my attention and the fact that you're always fuming whenever I'm with any boy." I scowled, biting my lip, knowing just how much anger would be against me with my next statement.

"You fancy me." He reacted exactly how I expected, if only I had been quicker. His hands gripped the front of my shirt, shoving me against the wall. His fist collided with my nose repeatedly and James fired hexes at me.

{05/18/15}