Chapter 6 - Fire in her eyes

3rd person

It was just another windy spring day as the marauders swaggered out of DADA. Girls eyed Sirius, willing him to look at them, to no prevail. They didn't bother to look at James, everyone knew that he was never going to be over Lily, no matter how much the red headed girl hated him.

"I'm bored." Sirius lazily winked at a group of his fangirls, whom squealed and ran off, the brightest shade of red possible.

"Well, look who it is." James shoved the stolen snitch back into his robes pocket, messing up his hair and glancing around as he did so. Severus Snape, another third year whom was a Slytherin, walked ahead of them, at the most five feet ahead. Remus finally put down his book, looking up and behind them in the corridor, but finding no one, he placed his book back into his bag.

Sirius snickered, as he stared at Snape, looking very much like a dog stalking prey. "Snivellus."

A/N:

This is actually not the one in Snape's worst memory to anyone wondering.

Severus immediately dropped half his books, and dug through his robes pocket, searching for his missing wand.

"Expelliarmus." James hurriedly found Snape's wand before he had, and it flew a decent distance away from him.

Peter stood beside James, looking between the two, hungrily, waiting for more action. Sirius stood next to James, on his right, smirking at the Slytherin boy in front of them, his wand had also materialized. Remus just stood, reading his book though his eyes weren't moving and from time to time, he looked up and Sirius swore he saw a smirk cross his lips before quickly regaining his composure. He only ever took part in pranking or bullying Davi.

"Levicorpus." Severus was in mid air, dangling by his ankle, in a matter of seconds. His face was now red with rage. Until James saw a certain red head out of the corner of his eye and violently dropped Snape, before the girl glanced their way and she scowled, seeing James and continued walking until she was out of view. James spun back around, to find Snape scrambling to grab his fallen wand.

"Levicorp-"

"Expelliarmus!"

James' wand flew out of his grasp, flying behind him to land in the hand of a girl who had appeared seemingly out of thin air. His hand rose up to his hair, but stopped upon seeing the coppery hair of the girl. She strode forward, with eyes of fire and hair glowing a brilliant shade of copper. Lyra.

Sirius' wand arm quickly aimed at the small girl's throat but she barely registered it, as she stepped forwards. Her face was red with fury, nearly the exact colour of her eyes that flashed with a fresh wave of rage.

"Get away from him." Her voice was deadly calm and was only slightly louder than a whisper. Remus now had his wand in his hand, and the two wands aimed directly at her. Sirius' wand remained pointed at her neck and Remus' was now directly facing her heart. Peter rapidly looked between her and his three friends.

"I'm sorry?" James' voice held mock politeness.

Her features tightened further, if it was possible, before abruptly melting into a kind smile as if she was gazing at dear friends or family instead of the boys that made her life a living hell. The only clue that she was angry at some point in the last few minutes, was the furious glint remaining in her eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry." Her eyes flashed again. "I mustn't have been clear." She cleared her voice. "Leave him alone!" The facade of happiness erupted into one of pure madness and she stormed past James Potter, bumping his shoulder as she did and seized Snape's hand, yanking him to his feet and walking away with him. A whirlwind of curse words were heard as she chucked James' wand back at him, the scent of vanilla trailing after her.

{4/19/15}