Chapter 16

pov of AIDEN

I couldn't stop thinking about her. I am in a meeting, I think about her. I am in my room, and I think about her. I am in my study, I think about her. I don't believe I am the CEO of the company anymore. I think my full-time job, nowadays, is being a simp for her. And I am exceptionally dedicated to it.

I just want to be near her. Fighting, asleep, awake doesn't matter. 

Huff, that's a lot of Diana on a Monday morning. I picked up my phone and asked one of the junior staff's girl to bring me a cup of coffee. 

She came and gave me the coffee. I nodded at her. When I was about to take a sip, my door flew open and Diana came in.

"What?" I asked.

She stood there and glowered at me, nervously. Was she nervous?

"Don't make me say it twice." I tried again. Her eyes now went to my coffee cup and she started pacing.

"Are you firing me? Like I didn't even do something today or yesterday to annoy you. Why would you do it? You were the one taking my moon. I wouldn't even call you sunshine from now. Please don't fire me." she paused" Are you training that girl to be your new secretary? I do-" 

"Why would you think I am firing you, Diana?" I asked taking a sip from the coffee.

"You are drinking that." she narrowed her eyes.

"Oh. No, I am not firing you."

"Then why are you-"

"You don't make nice coffees." I lied. She makes the best coffee in the entire world.

She sighed. 

"Okay. I thought you were firing me," she said. I couldn't fire her even if I wanted to." And FYI I make the best coffee"

She left.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

John and I planned to meet at my club for drinks. I don't drink. I