PROLOGUE

pov of 21-YEAR-OLD DIANA 

Today, Allen and I decided to go to the beach. I was not in the mood, but Allen insisted. I love Allen soo much. I am still in college, he works in a firm. I will graduate in two years.

He is 5'11. 23 years old. He is very kind, caring and understanding. I don't think I could love someone this much. Though he is poor and has an unstable job. I think about him all day long. we have been dating for 2 months now. Today is our two-month anniversary. I think he has something planned, that is why he is insisting on going to the beach. 

I have also planned a little surprise for him. Well, it is not much but I guess he would like it. I bought a deck of cards from the shop nearby. The cover of the deck had a red design on the back. I painted on it "52 reasons why I love you"

And took the cards one by one and wrote various things with white paint on the back like

"I love you"

"You are so handsome"

"You are so caring"

"You are so loyal"

"You are so understanding"

I can go on and on and on, on about how much I love him. And just with a blink of an eye with the thoughts of Allen, the time went by and it was five in the evening already. Allen told me he would pick me up at 6. I rushed towards my cupboard knocking my knee on the bed again for the hundredth time, to choose a dress I wanted to wear. 

I chose a red sequence sweater and a black skirt that makes my ass look out of the world beautiful. I did my makeup. The doorbell rang.

 Fuck. 

I have to curl my hair. And I have to decide which heels to wear. I saw the time. It was 5:45 he was early. He is usually early but I am always late. 

I rushed to the door, knocking my knees on the way again. I opened it and there was Allen, the love of my life, carrying a large rose bouquet. My eyes softened and my heart dipped at the sight of him.

"Hello Beautiful" He smelled like alcohol. But I don't mind since he drinks occasionally.

"Hello Handsome! Happy two-month anniversary love!" I practically squeaked and gave him a peck on his lips. He chuckled and grabbed my neck and deepened the kiss.

"Same to you. Are you ready?" he says while releasing me.

"Yeah, just a minute."

I took my coat, wore black heels (Yeah I wear heels whether I am going to a party or a fucking mountain.), and took my gift with me. I completely forgot to curl my hair but never mind. 

30 minutes later we reached the shore. We were walking while holding hands and the light breeze touched our bodies. He was very nervous today I don't know what was wrong with him.

Suddenly, he bends on his knees and took out a box. I gasped and put my hands over my mouth. I was so happy that I literally started to jump even before he said something. He was satisfied by my reaction and opened the ring box. I didn't even look at the ring. I was nodding already.

"I know it is not a diamond ring but my love for you is real and pure." At this statement I looked down at the ring it was copper. But I really didn't mind. 

"Diana Jordan will you marry me?" he exclaimed.

I kept nodding my head because I couldn't say anything without cracking up. Then at night, we made love first time as an engaged couple and I gifted him the cards I made. I know it was not as good as his gift but it would count as something right?

1 month later we got married.