Chapter 1 - The prince of the fallen empire (1)

Everyone must have thought of that at least once.

'I want to be the main character in the novel.'

An absolute reigning emperor

A Swordmaster that can go against tens of thousands of troops.

A great sorcerer who can peek at the truth.

A cold-blooded assassin who rules the darkness.

The main characters of all the novels I read were all attractive. So I sometimes thought. I want to be the main character in a novel, too.

Maybe I was tired of a life that just revolved like a cogwheel, a continuous cycle.

The desire that I thought would pass by quickly became real.

However, it is impossible to be the main character in a novel. I wasn't stupid enough to sincerely hope for it.

By the way.

There was no such thing as absolute.

When I woke up, I was in the novel. However, I was not the main character, contrary to my long-cherished desire.

Raymond Pilius.

It was the name of the character I possessed.

He was a villain who faced a miserable ending at the end of the first novel.

But it was worth trying.

Because I know the setting of this novel.

* * *

The warm morning sun touched the man's cheek.

He opened his eyes, yawning. However, he frowned at the strangely blurred vision and a headache attack.

"Oh, I didn't remember drinking."

It was a hangover.

The man instinctively reached out and stirred as if he were looking for something. Then he realized that something was weird.

'When did my living room become this spacious?'

Originally, there was a narrow table within arm's length, but now nothing came into it.

"What is this...?"

The confusion came as his blurred vision recovered.

"Where am I?"

It was a spacious bedroom decorated with splendor. There was a full-length mirror next to it.

The man stepped down there as if possessed.

Standing in the mirror, there was a chubby blonde Westerner.

"Is this me?"

As soon as he inadvertently uttered his innermost thoughts, a voice came over from the door.

"Prince Raymond Pilius, have you recovered from your hangover?"

He was taken aback by the young man's voice.

"I'm Raymond Pilius......?"

The man, who was called Raymond, murmured in a small trembling voice.

There's no way that he didn't know this name. No, he knows it too well.

"I'm Raymond Pilius, the asshole from 'The fallen Empire'?"

Raymond Pilius was a character in his favorite novel, "The fallen Empire".

When he opened my eyes, he came inside this fiction book, but how? Why? He didn't know why this happened.

There was a more important fact than that.