47. Return to normality

Another year had passed. Sanem slowly began to leave the children with her parents and return to the agency. She wanted to gradually get back into a rhythm. The detachment from the children took place gradually over a few hours, increasing until she was able to become fully operational again. It was difficult at first. The children clung to her and Can like koalas, crying in despair. More than once, in front of her parents, she had to hold back tears as she left them. But that morning the crying was so desperate that Sanem's heart could not bear it, and before she burst into desperate weeping, she turned and walked to the car, without saying a word.

Ah! A novelty in recent months was the driver. Can had expressly requested that he take Sanem and the children wherever they wanted in the car she had given him when he was away.

Sanem, once back in the car, tried to pull herself together. Can consoled her on the way to the company. "Don't worry, they'll get used to it. It's painful to see them like this, I know, but we must endure it. Think how happy they will be to see us again tonight!" he tried to console her.

Once at the agency, Sanem said goodbye to everyone and immediately threw herself headlong into her work with her husband, so as not to think about it.

Mid-morning, seeing her so silent, it was her sister Leyla who approached her. "Sanem, are you OK? Why are you so serious today?" she asked her.

"I left the children with our parents. It's been hard." she admitted.

"Ah, still not getting used to it, huh?" she deduced.

"I'm just telling you, I had to run back to the car so I wouldn't burst into tears in front of them." she said.

"Ah! Damn." her sister exclaimed displeased.

"And Can?" he asked her.

"It wasn't easy for Can either. Deniz clung to his neck like a little koala. He didn't want to let go of him." she admitted.

"Ah, poor Can." replied Leyla apologetically. "Really difficult situation." she commented.

"Poor us..." commented Sanem.

"Ah, it's really painful to see them like this, eh?" she asked rhetorically.

"As if someone pierced my heart with a blade." said Sanem, then added. "Prepare yourself, because you'll go through it too." she warned her, pointing to her baby bump.

"Don't remind me." Leyla reposed, stroking it immediately.

Leyla was pregnant with her first child. The pregnancy was welcome. They had waited so long, but only because she and Emre were two very indecisive people under their armour, and full of doubts. They wanted to get it right. They. The ones who woke up and in an instant decided to marry in great secrecy without their parents' consent. They had overcome a lot. After Emre's unemployment and the reopening of the agency, they had decided to wait to put money aside and buy a house of their own as soon as possible. They had found that house in the Divits' old villa. After a long and careful renovation, they seemed to be ready to have children, but there, perhaps also influenced by their three grandchildren, they realised how challenging it would be. And despite many attempts, the children were not coming. Sanem was aware of her sister's worries and did everything she could to put them out of her mind. After a good talk with her sister, Leyla began to look at the situation in a different light and soon afterwards she became pregnant. It was hilarious when they were told the news. They were completely panicked. Out of their minds... and awkward. Sanem thought back to that moment.

It was in the weekend and Can and Sanem were enjoying the garden with the children. Suddenly they saw a taxi arrive, from which her sister hurriedly got out before the taxi driver even stopped completely. She had literally catapulted herself out of the car. She left the door open and ran to her. Can and Sanem stood motionless and perplexed at the scene.