27. For Can & Sanem

They arrived at the estate in a hurry, while Metin's words resounded in their heads.

"Close to where we were at the party..." Sanem thought as she got out of the car.

"It must be there in the cottage where I used to stay. Let's have a look." Can said.

They went around the pool and the porch... but nothing. They looked in every crevice and under every cushion of the outside seats, but still nothing. Then they checked the windowsills of all the windows, going round every side of the house.

Sanem found herself on the porch, in front of the glass windows, next to the glass door leading to the kitchen. She looked inside and one thing immediately caught her attention. "The envelope!" shouted Sanem. "The envelope! I found it!" shouted Can who was checking the opposite perimeter of the house.

"Really? Where is it?" shouted Can turning back to her.

"It's in the kitchen, Can!"

Sanem looked around for something to get inside... crowbars there were none this time, how was she going to smash that glass? Then she saw a rake that Bulut or Mihriban had evidently left there unattended, leaning against one of the porch columns. She grabbed it and ran towards the door with the intention of breaking it down. It was Can who stopped her attack by grabbing the stick. He had reached the door and was waiting for her.

"Hop, hop, hop! What are you doing?" once the handle of the rake was locked. The tip of the stick pointing towards him. "What are your intentions? Are you going to spear and skewer me?" asked Can in curiosity.

"Oh God!" exclaimed Sanem realising the danger only then.

"Move over Can, I'll open the door so we can get in."

"Are you sure this is the best way?" asked Can amused with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"We have no alternative. It's locked for sure." replied Sanem with conviction.

Can put his hand on the handle, and opened it.

"It's already open Sanem. Didn't you check?" he asked her while holding back a smile.

"Ahhh... no, um... I was convinced it was locked. I didn't try to open it." she replied guiltily, lowering her head.

Can laughed at the funny look on his wife's face.

"But why do you always complicate your existence?" he asked her rhetorically, smiling.

"Ah, ouch... whatever." she replied, leaning the rake against the wall.

"Of course, Mihriban will be very happy to know that her door survived a ram attack. I'm sure it did." replied Can.

"Ah, come on, don't tease me." she replied.

"Out of curiosity, what movie did you take inspiration from this time, with a move like that? I'm curious." continued Can laughing.

"Ha, ha, ha, I don't think you know that movie, my dear Can Divit. You didn't even know the lift one, remember?" she reminded her defensively.

"Oh, yeah the lift one... sure, where they were fighting on top of it, and then they opened the trapdoor and threw the bodies in... that one you say?" he replied, remembering the scene.

"Exactly. I see you remember my words." she replied sarcastically.

"Don't tell me this move is also part of those movies! Is it by any chance a saga?" asked Can laughing.

"I'll get the rake back!" she threatened him.

Can could not contain himself and burst out laughing.