Farther than ever

Start from the beginning

Alonso considered my words, he dipped his head, "I understand dear, this must be hard al of this, all that you have been through. You may resent him at first, you're father, you're real father that is. But Vincent had never stopped caring about you, it was just pertinent that you were far enough away from all the danger. As you have experienced, there are many after the power that you are the key to. And Vincent, my brother knew this. He tasked me with relocating your mother and you."

I felt a little bit of comfort bloom inside me, at least Ma was still mine, still my mother amongst it all, "So Ma? She's still my Mum, and Theo? Still my brother,"

"Half-brother, "Alonso corrected and my eyes immediately sought out Theo, who had been there for me my entire life, who had given me piggy back rides, stood up to my fa- To Damon Mortello when he was too harsh of me. My brother who I loved with my entire heart. 

"He's my brother," I stood firmly whilst speaking, "He will always be my brother, I don't care if it's half because of genetics or some shit. Theo will always be my brother,"

And Alonso didn't disagree with me.

"I was tasked with moving your mother, finding her a more conspicuous place in the underworld. Damon Mortello's gang was small and unassuming, the perfect place for you and your mother, and they were married."

"But Vincent? Did he not object to that?" 

A sombre look passed across Alonso's features, "Though I can assure you that your father loves you, he did not expect you,"

There was a lump in my throat, so I was just one big mistake.

Figures.

Maybe that's why my life was so messed up.

"Oh," and I could feel my face twist into a look of sadness which felt utterly misplaced. I didn't even know this man why would I even care what he thought or what he had done? 

"Hey, sweetheart," Cameron's ever so soft voice floated into my ears and filled me with  a certain warmth that only he could evoke, "Don't worry about it, none of that matters."

"I'm afraid, " Alonso began once more, as he turned to face his soldiers that had cleared the room, so all that was left were our friends and his guards. Cameron's mother had been ushered back in with Echo followed by a boy who had spindly arms and striking blue eyes. Soft blonde hair and a face pinched with sadness, that was until his eyes lifted to meet Cameron's and then in a matter of moments he was running over to Cameron.

Cameron dropped my arms as the boy pummelled into him, all arms and legs, gripping onto Cameron like the Earth would swallow him whole the moment he let go.

He was sobbing and pressing his face deep into Cameron's suit, and Cameron held him just as tightly, I could see a sheen of moisture in his eyes, "Hey, Hey, Con, it's ok, it's ok, I've got you," and the boy pulled back his face pinched and it was then I realised how very similar they looked, despite the opposing colours of hair and eyes, their face structure was strikingly similar. Both had high cheekbones, perfectly shaped lips and sloped noses that matched the other carved contours of their faces. 

I saw the boy, turn to me, his eyes wide and as he pulled from Cameron he whispered, "Is this her?"

I didn't know what to say but thankfully Cameron answered for me, "Yeah, this is Alara, my wife,"

I went to say hello but before the words could leave my mouth he had already spoken again.

"Wow," and then with awe I would never have expected to be directed at me, especially in my current state, "She's beautiful."