36. Sometimes they return

Start from the beginning

"Ah! I thought you wanted to leave!" She breathed a sigh of relief.

"No, no. We're just moving from the loft to the cottage. We want it to be ready by the time the kids are born."

"Right, good idea." Aziz replied.

"Good, yes, it suits you." Mihriban replied.

"And you? How is the situation there? Selim?" asked Can.

"All is well here. Our investigators, like me and Aziz, are working to frame him. We have collected several pieces of evidence. We are approaching the final blow." Mihriban informed them.

"Ah! Be careful!" recommended Sanem.

"We will be, we will be." replied Aziz.

"So then you will be back?" asked them Can.

"You will be here for the birth, won't you?" asked Sanem impatiently.

"Of course we will be there. Do you think we could miss it?" exclaimed Aziz.

"Uhm, guys, they're signalling for us to go. Excuse us. We'll be in touch." he hastened to say. "Guys again congratulations!"

"Take care Sanem!" gave Mihriban. "Can? Stay close to her."

"Sure." replied Can. "We love you guys."

"Us too. See you soon." replied Mihriban.

Sanem saw them waving goodbye, then the videocall stopped and the call ended.

"Ah, but did you see your father? He was over the moon!" commented Sanem.

"Well, Mihriban was no joke either." said Can.

"Yes, they were jumping around like two children. Ah, I'm so happy and relieved they're back together." said Sanem.

"Yes, they did. But I thought so." admitted Can.

"You think so? For me it wasn't as obvious as it seems. "Sanem replied.

"Anyway, my father is literally looking forward to being a grandfather! For all the times he wanted to see me married and a family man, I'd say we more than fulfilled him!"

Really? He used to tell you that?" asked Sanem.

"He used to say, 'When are you getting married? When are you going to start a family?" said Can intoning his father's voice.

"Really? I couldn't do it!" confessed Sanem.

"And instead..." said Can. Then he paused and continued. 'Then he would see my expression and change the subject. But let's talk about many years ago. I still hadn't found my soulmate!" he said, drawing Sanem close to him to kiss her on the cheek.

"Between my parents and your father with Mihriban, who knows how they will spoil our children!" reflected Sanem.

"They will be surrounded by so much love, that's for sure." Can replied.

"I couldn't ask for more." Sanem replied.

"Now, back to us." he then said. "There are still two people left on our list."

Madame Remide suddenly rejuvenated when she found out about the triplets. From the screen of the phone she saw her stand up with unprecedented speed, then exclaim: "What?!" like everyone else to whom they had announced it, after all. She tapped her stick on the ground in celebration. It could be heard echoing all the way to the estate. Of course, from happiness for both of them, congratulations also turned to talk of work. Remide was worried about the fair work and their participation with the creams. "Guys, what are you going to do about work?"