34. The first ultrasound scan

Start from the beginning

''As I thought. Mr and Mrs Divit, you are expecting triplets."

"What?!!!!" exclaimed Can and Sanem in chorus in unison.

"What do you mean?" asked Sanem in a trembling voice.

"Are you sure?" asked Can.

"Exactly. Look. This is the first child, this is the second and this is the third. There are three hearts beating besides the mother."

"Oh my God! We're having three babies? Really?" asked Sanem shocked. "All at once?" asked Can shocked as well.

"That's right." replied the doctor.

Can sat down for a moment in the chair next to her. He had to metabolise the bombshell.

Sanem was crying her eyes out. "I can't believe it!" She repeated bringing her hands to his head. "There's... me... in there.... 3 children... I..." she stammered between sobs of crying.

At that point Can reached out and kissed her on the cheek, wiping away her tears. He too was excited and moved. He did not think he would be so positively shocked and touched at the same time.

He thought that despite all the hardships they had been through, life was giving them the chance to realise another dream of theirs. He could not be happier. He couldn't sit still with emotion.

"I'll be right back." Said the obstetrician as she left the room.

"Can! Three!" exclaimed Sanem crying with happiness.

"Three babies. Deniz, Yildiz and Ates!" exclaimed Can.

Sanem, of a sudden stopped the sobs. "Oh my God! Deniz, Yildiz and Ates!" she metabolised, placing a hand on her stomach with her eyes wide open. She was realising.

"Yeah! I know what you're going to say..." Can told her, holding out her hand. "The dream."

"The dream? The book, the dreams, the scroll..." she pointed out.

"They are our destiny. It was already written." concluded Can.

DRIVING HOME...

Sanem patted her belly in silence, a smile on her lips.

"If it weren't for the fact that I'm driving, I would have taken your picture by now." he admitted, turning to look at her.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because you're beautiful." he answered her.

"Mh, I won't be, before long." She replied pouting.

"Why do you say that?" he asked surprised.

"We'll talk about it when I'm a hot-air balloon," replied Sanem.

"But what hot air balloon! You're carrying three children, it's normal for you to gain weight. And you'll be even more beautiful, I'm sure." Can replied reassuringly.

"But I will be giant! Immense!" she thought.

"Exaggerated. And then sorry, I'm big and fat and you love me in spite of everything." he replied jokingly.

"But what do you mean Can? It's different! It's not comparable." she replied.

"Exactly. It's not comparable. You said it right. Because you have three other lives inside you. Just think how generous you are! In addition to yourself you are guarding three other lives. Is that not enough? You are a super heroine." Can said, trying to distract her. The pregnancy hormones emphasised everything. And he always managed in one way or another to talk some sense into her.