Chapter 3: New Friends...

Michael's POV

Michael was in high spirits the following morning and even Jake noticed.

J: Dad, why are you so happy today?

Mi: I just am, bud.

J: But why?

Mi: I don't really know.

J: Okay, will you tell me if you find out?

Mi: Sure but why?

J: Because you haven't been this happy since mom left and I want you to stay this way.

Mi: Yeah, I know but you also make me happy, don't forget that.

J: Okay but I like it if you're this happy.

Mi: Me too.

J: Do you remember Connor from yesterday?

Mi: Yes I do.

J: Well, he and I are friend now and he said that he would ask his father if I could go over to his house on Saturday, so can I go if he says yes?

Mi: Well, we're going over to their house for lunch on Saturday.

J: Really!

Mi: Yes we are Connor's father invited us.

J: Yes! (He cheered)

...

Michael dropped a very cheerful Jake off at school that morning and he was a little bummed that he didn't get to see William there but his spirits soon lifted when he released that William still had to leave Mathew at the class. William and Mathew arrived about half an hour after Michael did. Mathew greeted Michael before running into the class to go see his new friends.

Mi: He's quite hyper this morning, isn't he?

W: He has been that why since this morning when I told him and Connor that you and Jake are coming over for lunch this weekend.

Mi: Jake is just as happy.

W: It sounds like Jake and Connor are becoming best friends fast.

Mi: Yeah it seems like it, I ... uh... I really liked our messaging last night.

W: Me too, it's good to finally be around someone who understands how it is raising kids on my own.

Mi: Us single dads need to stick together.

Just then the pre-school bell rang.

W: I guess I need to go.

Mi: Yes, time to get to work.

W: When is break here?

Mi: Uh, at ten thirty why?

W: Do you keep your phone on you?

Mi: Yes but why?

W: Bye. (He said with a smiled before leaving)

Michael stood there with a smile shaking his head before going back in class.

William's POV

He left the school wondering what exactly it was that he was doing. When he got to the office there was no time to think about it because he had to jump back into work.

W: Linda, can you please let me know when it's ten thirty? (He asked his secretary)

L: Any reason in particular, sir?

W: There's just something that I need to do and with the way things are here I might not notice the time.

L: Sure thing sir. You have a meeting set up with the board members at nine and a share holders meeting at eleven.