Chapter 1: The Beginning

The McVey house was silent for the last few minute before their alarms went off and they had to start their day. William's alarm rang and he woke up with a sigh. It was not that he didn't like waking up and getting himself and his sons ready. He enjoyed their little morning rituals but his wife was always the one in charge of the mornings while he took his time to get ready. Now he woke up an hour earlier than his sons so that he had enough time to get himself ready. He finished his shower and finished getting dressed just before eight.

He first went to Connor's room to wake him up because he could get ready on his own now.

W: Hey buddy it's time for school, you need to wake up now.

C: Noooo daddy, I want to sleep.

W: But today is the first day of school, aren't you excited to see your friends.

C: Mm-hm.

W: Now come on get up please, I still need to go wake Mathew up.

C: Okay. (He mumbled lifting up his arms so that his father could pick him up)

William picked Connor up and carried him to the bathroom and then ran his bath for him as he took off his own clothes.

W: Call me if you need me okay.

C: Yes daddy. (He says getting into the bathtub)

...

William then went to Mathew's room.

W: Hey baby boy, it's time to get up.

M: Is it time for school?

W: Yep. Today you're meeting your new teacher and your new classmates.

M: Yay, where is Conny?

W: In the bathroom, do you want me to take you to him.

M: Yes please.

W: Okay let's go.

...

M: Conny! (He cheered when he saw his brother in the bathtub)

C: Morning Matty, are you going to take a bath with me?

M: Yes.

W: Just wait so that I can take these clothes off and then you can join Conny in the water.

M: Okay.

W: Connor take care of your brother and call me when you're done but don't take too long. I'm going to start breakfast, are pancakes okay?

M: Yep.

C: Yep.

...

He finished making the pancake batter when he heard Mathew calling him so he switched off the stove and went to get him out of the bathroom.

W: Are my boys done?

M: Yes daddy.

W: Okay now let me get you out.

C: I can do it on my own.

W: I know you can bud, I was talking to your brother.

C: Okay, sorry then.

W: It's okay.

William dressed Mathew while Connor dressed himself and then both boys followed him downstairs and he started their breakfast.

M: I'm getting a new teacher today.

W: I know and I need to meet him or her.

M: Why?