Chapter 2: Surprised...

W: Hel... Michael? (He asked sounding confused) Do you have a child in this class too?

Mi: No, I teach this class, what are you doing here? (He smiled)

W: Mathew's in this class, you're a teacher?

Mi: Yes I am. I teach pre-school classes for now.

M: Are you my teacher?

Mi: Yes I am.

M: My daddy wanted to meet you.

Mi: Why?

M: I don't know.

W: Uh, I, uh... I just wanted to meet my baby bo... (He was cut off)

M: Daddy!

W: Oh sorry, I just wanted to meet the person who would be teaching my son. Apparently he is not a small child anymore. (He says holding back a laugh)

Mi: You're most definitely not, now say goodbye to your daddy and come inside.

M: Bye daddy.

W: Bye bud, enjoy your day.

M: You too. (He said giving his father a hug and a kiss on the cheek before going into is class)

W: When I said see you soon this morning I didn't think it would be this soon.

Mi: Yeah neither did I.

W: Uh, I need to get going. (He says looking at his watch) I need to get to work but we can continue this conversation later when I come pick Mathew up.

Mi: Of course, no problem.

W: Enjoy your day.

Mi: Same to you.

Michael stood and smiled as William rushed off and caught himself smiling, thinking of the other man, he shook his head and went back into the class to keep an eye on the children who were already there and wait for the rest to arrive.

Michael's POV

Michael could not understand what was going on through his head when he was thinking of William. He had been married for ten and a half years until his wife decided that she wanted more than what he could offer her on a teacher's salary. He shook his head and started teaching his class. He spent the whole morning getting the students acquainted with each other and with him. During break time he spent sat on stairs watching the children play and just thinking. He spent the rest of the day trying not to think what all the things he has been thinking about could possibly mean. When the end of the school day rolled by parents and nannies came in to pick up their children and half an hour later all the children were gone except for Mathew and he didn't know whether he should give William a call or not.

Mi: Is your daddy always late picking you up?

M: Noooo! He always here early. (He sobbed) He forget me.

Mi: No he didn't, no one could ever forget a sweetie like you, I'm sure he will be here shortly.

M: Really?

Mi: Yes.

M: Can I stay with you?

Mi: Sure, do you want me to read you a story?

M: Yes please.

MI: Come sit here then. (He said patting his lap and Mathew jumped up)

William's POV

William just finished a long meeting and realized that he was late when he saw the time on his watch, "Mathew", he sighed. He jumped up from his desk, took his phone and keys and told his secretary to hold all the unimportant calls for the day and give his number to the important one's and left. He rushed to his car and tried staying within the speed limits as he drove to the school.

W: I am so sorry Matty. (He said as he rushed in but he stopped when he saw the sight in front of him)

M: You so for-totally-got me daddy.

W: Sorry bud, my meeting when on longer than it was suppose to. I'm sorry that you had to wait with him, the impression I must be making on you, huh? (He laughed) 

Mi: It's okay, the boys are only coming out in another half an hour so if you weren't here by then I would have just taken Mathew with me a called you when I had Jake and Connor.

W: Still, thank you very much.

Mi: Just a good thin our sons go to the same school.

W: I might need to get someone to pick them up.

M: I could do it for you and keep the boys until you got off.

W: I couldn't do that, i mean we barely know each other.

Mi: Then I recon we get to know each other.

W: It is a very good idea.

Mi: I know.

W: Uh, why don't you and Jake come over for lunch this weekend?

Mi: Okay. (He smiled)

W: Just give me your number and I'll send you the directions.

Mi: Okay. (Michael gave William his number)

W: I will send you those directions later but now I think we need to go get the boys before they tell us we for-totally-got them too.

Mi: Haha, we should.

W: Enjoy your day and thanks again for watching Mathew for me.

Mi: No problem, see you.

W: You too. Come on Matty, say bye to your teacher so that we can go pick Conny up.

M: Bye teacher. (He said giving him a hug)

Mi: Bye Mathew, see you tomorrow.

W: See you.

Mi: Bye.

That evening William helped Connor with his homework and then made dinner for the three of them. After dinner he ran a bath for the boys while he went back to cleaning up the kitchen. When he finished he took his phone and went to go sit on the couch and texted Michael the directions to his house. Michael received the texts and replied.

Texts

Mi: Thanks, what are you guys doing?

W: We just finished dinner and the boys are busy taking a bath and you two?

Mi: Jake's taking a bath and I'm just going through my notes and stuff.

W: Oh sorry for the bother.

Mi: It's no bother, I'm busy preparing for my pre-school class.

W: It's still a lot of work though.

Mi: It consist of nap time, story time, drawing time, I don't think I need to put a lot of thought into it.

W: It must be nice having such a labour extensive job.

Mi: Not really labour extensive, I have to watch children, make sure they're safe, I have parents hounding me for their children's safety.

W: Well then I guess I'm happy that I don't have your job.

Mi: It's fun but it's also a lot of pressure.

W: I need to go, the boys are done.

Mi: So is Jake.

W: See you tomorrow morning then?

Mi: Yes we will, enjoy your night William.

W: You too Michael.

...

Both of them had smiles on their faces when they went to their boys.