17. Master

Loki's POV:

It has been a few days since Ash started this charade and I wish she would let it go. Every time someone enters my chambers she begins to clean or kneel on the floor.

At night she slips out of my arms and sleeps on the floor. If she can hear footsteps in the halls she won't let me near her.

I understand that she is trying to help me, but all I really want is my girl back. I miss our carefree cuddles, feeding her at mealtimes, and holding her in my sleep. I miss it more than anything.

I would rather be back in my cell than have Ash act this way. I see her 'accidentally' bumping into things to give herself more bruises. I just want her to stop.

But every time I have tried to express this to her she shuts down. She refuses to listen to reason and I am running out of ideas.

Today after we finished breakfast I suggested we take a bath. She told me that she needed to dust my bookshelves, but I had had enough.

I bent down and threw her over my shoulder and walked toward the bathroom. She began to protest but I simply said "if you insist on behaving like a slave, that's fine with me. But only if I get some real Ash time every day. No one is around, it is safe".

After I had closed and locked the door I set her back on her feet. She refused to make eye contact with me and I just felt my heart wither.

I slowly let myself slide down the bathroom door, lay my head in my hands and allowed myself to cry. I knew it was pathetic but it felt as though she didn't love me anymore and I couldn't fix it.

I felt her sit next to me and wrap her arms around me as best she could as I let my emotions take control.

"Please let me have my love back, I miss her so much. I would spend eternity rotting in that cell for one more day with my Ash" I choked out between sobs.

"Little one I beg of you. If you feel as though this charade is necessary that is fine, but you are not my slave. When it's just the two of us you can be yourself. I can't bare to hear you call my master one more time in private, it's killing me".

I know that I am showing so much weakness at this moment, but I had simply run out of viable ideas. I continued to cry into my hands, even after my head began to ache and my throat dried.

"Don't cry Loki, I'm sorry, I didn't realise how much this was hurting you" she said softly. I glanced up at her and could see the sorrow in her soul.

"It is the worst kind of torture that has been inflicted, I can't bare it for another day. I just want us to be normal again". I looked at her with pleading eyes, begging for the acting to stop.

She looked deep in thought for a moment before replying, "we can act like a couple in private again, but I have a few conditions since we still need to maintain a certain image".

Her voice was filled with confidence and determination. I could only nod and murmur "name them" in response.

She paused, "well firstly whenever someone comes in I need you to do the clothes changing thing on me so that I'm back in these," she said while gesturing to her clothes.

I opened my mouth to agree but she raised her hand and said "I'm not finished. I need you to act like my master when people are around. Anything you say or do in the company of others is just an act and I'm aware of that".

I wanted to protest but she continued, "I know that you are not comfortable with that. Trust me it's scary for me as well. But I trust you and know that you are only doing it with my full consent. Unless you can swear to meet these terms, we will have to continue this charade full time".