Log 9/12

March 15, 1991

I know I usually take a year's time before writing another log, but I just couldn't wait to tell you what I did when I left the Mystic Union. Yes, I did run away, but I was fed up with being under appreciated and getting in trouble when I tried to help. Maybe if I made my own rules and played my own game, people might like me more and think of me as a hero. It might not work out, but oh well. There are plenty of heroes, so who cares if I don't follow the path of justice. "I don't like what you did," Clark keeps saying.

Again, who cares? I spent my whole life caring for others and trying to care about what other people thought, but when was I going to be able to care for myself? I'm done caring about others for now. From now on, I'm looking out for me. It might sound selfish, but here's thing. It's hard not to be selfish when all you've got is yourself. I tell Clark, "Don't worry about it. The others are okay without me disappointing them."

The train stopped and I snuck out of the cargo car. I didn't know where Clark and I were until I saw a sign that said, 'Welcome to Wilkeskent. The Heart of the Leycape Region'. Wilkeskent was a small college town with just under 90,000 residents. I walked away from the train station and into town. Boutiques, salons, restaurants, grocery stores, delis, butchers, pharmacies, and the town hall, fire department, police department, and hospital lined the cobblestone and pavement streets. I backed into an alleyway and sat down. The one thing I didn't think about when I left was where I was going to stay. I climb onto a roof and jump down to the other side of the alleyway. I was about to walk away and head to the outskirts of Wilkeskent when someone tapped my shoulder. A female, Bacon Hair with snow white skin, shimmering eyes, and short and straight hair looked at me. "Hey," she said, "are you lost?"

"I mean, I guess I'm a little lost," I replied quietly.

The Bacon girl smiled and said, "Follow me."

I followed her into a neighborhood. We walked about 2 blocks before we stopped at a light blue, wooden, Victorian-era-style, 3-story house. The girl opened the door and we walked into the entryway. The house was elegant and well-built with pink walls, cream banisters, and redwood floors. A lady came out of the kitchen and stopped at me and the girl. The lady looked like the girl, so I assumed it was her mother. "Libby," the lady began to ask, "who is that girl?"

"She looked lost, so I am helping her. Can she stay with us? Please, mom?" Libby pleaded.

Her mom nodded and said, "She can stay in the spare room in the attic. It's spacious enough."

Libby took my hand and started dragging me towards the attic. The attic was indeed spacious and a bit creaky, but it wasn't unable to be inhabited. I smiled a bit at Libby. She looked like she was about 14 years old just like Aleczander. "So," Libby began to ask, "what's your name?"

"It's Zaydi," I replied

Libby nodded thoughtfully and was about to say something when we heard a knock on the front door. We went downstairs and Libby's mother had already opened the door. Standing in the threshold was Aleczander himself. He saw me and questioned, "What are you doing here?"

"Here's another question," I began, "why are you here?"

"Ace said you ran off. She was worried, so I went to find you."

"She wasn't worried. She probably just wanted to chew me out for trying to help Robloxia like everyone else."

"Oh, I get it now. This is just you being petty."