Log 9: March 15th, 1991

The day had come. Today was my 10th birthday. Now, you think birthdays would be calm and spent celebrating with your loved ones, right? Well, mine was not that.

If anything, it was more eventful and stressful. I was tired of getting nothing done since I still didn't have a mission to go on, so I looked at some case files and assigned one to myself. I did this in secret, of course since I'd be in big trouble with the MU if I did go on the field without their permission. I picked the biggest case I could I find.

A yakuza family, the Sonohokas, were becoming more dangerous as time ticked on, and they had become one of the most feared crime families in Robloxia. So, seeing that, naturally, I put on an all-black disguise, grabbed pepper spray, and ran out to stop the family. I snuck out of the Mystic Union base at midnight so I wouldn't get caught. "Zaydilyn," Clark began to ask, "is this a good idea?

"All ideas are good ideas!" I quietly shouted obliviously.

I started walking down Modir Avenue, jumping up onto a fire escape. From there, I scouted out my surroundings. I jumped from building to building until I entered Berry Street. I hopped off another building and approached a warehouse.

That warehouse was supposedly the Sonohoka's base. I was cautious. There were various dark areas of the warehouse that could be hiding spots where the Sonohokas were waiting to attack me. I made it to the west wall before I heard the sound of a can clattering.

"Clark, did you hear that?" I asked while I was jumpy.

"Yeah," he responded, "keep your guard up."

I turned on a flashlight and scanned the room. I couldn't see anyone. As I started walking to the next room, I felt a needle go into my left ankle. Looking down, I saw some sort of tranquilizer pierce my skin.

I start to stumble, feeling drowsy. Then with a harsh THUD, I crashed to the ground, unconscious. The family matriarch, Kira Sonohoka, dragged me away and tied me to a chair into a desolate, dimly lit room. A few minutes later, I woke up, trying to break free.

"So," a man's voice rang out from a dark corridor, "what makes you think that you can just step up to us? A pathetic, little girl like yourself attempting to fight a powerful person like me?"

The man stepped into the light, and I saw that the man was Ryuketsu Sonohoka, the patriarch of the Sonohokas. I was screwed. He was one of the most, if not, the deadliest crime boss in Robloxia. Ryuketsu was about to say something else, but Kira popped in and said, "Ryu, you have a call to attend to."

Ryuketsu nodded and walked away. Oh, boy, what had I gotten myself into? The ropes I was tied up with rubbed against my skin tightly, making it almost impossible to free myself. I was scared out of my mind.

I just sat there, feeling helpless. I was so thirsty for a mission that I became completely oblivious to my surroundings and own brain. Why was I so stupid to think that the little 10-year-old girl I am could ever take down an A-list crime family like the Sonohokas? Aleczander was right. I am too reckless.

Clark tried to stop me, but I didn't listen. Maybe I thought that my skills and powers made me so much better than everyone else. I am just too cocky. I just wanted a chance to prove myself, but I ended up landing myself in hot water. 

I could die and severely damage Clark and it would be all my fault. I then heard footsteps and a gun being loaded, so I toughened up and completely erased even the slightest hint of fear and vulnerability on my face. It is like Michael Jackson said, "You gotta show them that you're really not scared". 

Mr. Sonohoka entered the room with various tools. Weapons or not, a severe hit from those tools could greatly injure or even kill me. There was everything from knives and firearms to a hammer and a pair of sewing scissors. I gulped while still trying to look fearless.

"Soredemo anata wa hiroda to omoimasu?" Mr. Sonohoka spoke while chuckling, saying, "Still think you're a hero" in Japanese.

I stayed silent and softly growled. "I might not be a real hero, but I'll be one someday," I replied in English. 

Mr. Sonohoka got mad, real mad that I talked back to him. He took a metal rod and repeatedly and brutally beat my face with it until I became bruised, bloody, dizzy, and somewhat delirious. I then remembered an incident with Xavion. He beat me with a wrench almost to death when I tried to escape from the facility. 

It was getting harder to stay awake. My head hurt so much, and I could feel the crimson blood trickling down my face. "Come on Zaydilyn," Clark urged, "you must stay awake. We have to get out of here."

Before I blacked out, I heard a crash. A person from the MU had come in, tackled the family members, grabbed me, and ran out of the warehouse. I didn't know who the person was as I had passed out. The person hid themself and I in their apartment since it was closer than the MU headquarters.

I woke up 20 minutes later on a couch. Everything was blurry at first, and it felt like the world was spinning around. Once everything became clear, I could see that the person who saved me was none other than Aleczander. "Well, there better be a good explanation," he said, crossing his arms.

I had medicine in my system and was feeling drowsy so with my speech mildly slurred, I grumbled, "I hate you.... I really do."

"Yeah," Aleczander replied while shrugging his shoulders, "I get that a lot."

I lied back. I had no remorse for sneaking out and trying to take down the Sonohokas. My ego depended on a victory. Sitting next to me, sipping on tea like the British-Bacon he was, Aleczander asked, "Why did you sneak out and attempt a suicide mission anyways?"

"You really want to know?" I sighed, "I felt useless sitting on the bench and just waiting for a mission especially since I'm ten now, so I thought if I tackled and successfully completed the biggest the MU had, maybe I would feel like I had a purpose for once."

Aleczander sat his tea down and looked at me with a softness in his raven eyes. "So, you didn't take my advice?"

Annoyed, I snapped back, "BECAUSE YOUR ADVICE WAS USELESS! I MEAN IF I WAS YOUR KID, I'D WANT TO BE DISOWNED!"

Aleczander grew silent with shock. Even though we fought sometimes, I never yelled or insulted him that much. I lowered my head and threw my head into my palms.  The silence, ironically, was roaring like a ferocious beast.

"Say something, Zaydilyn. Apologize to him," Clark told me.

I just shook my head and ran out of the apartment and into the street. Aleczander watched me from the threshold, but he didn't run after me. I ran back to the MU and up to my room. Ace, Messiah, Guesty, Mercer, Arctic, and Director Wetumpka walked in to say happy birthday, but I looked away.

"Jacdi," Ace began, "are you ok?"

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Oh, yes. I nearly got myself killed and harshly insulted who I consider to be one of my best friends, but, hey, everything is just peachy..."

I turned to face my friends and my teacher with my face almost covered in bandages and Band-Aids. Director Wetumpka stepped forward to take a better look at me. "What happened to you?" he asked.

Tiredly rubbing my eyes, I mumbled, "The patriarch of the Sonohokas beat me with a metal rod.

Director Wetumpka looked at me with anger in his eyes. He figured it out. He knew I snuck out and went to prosecute the Sonohokas. "Jack," Director Wetumpka began to yell, "what were you thinking!"

"YOU TREAT ME LIKE A BABY THAT NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M HERE FOR! I'M HERE TO TRAIN AND PROTECT OTHERS! IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT, I'M FINE WITH LEAVING!" I yelled back.

Everyone just stared at me as I ran away from my friends yet again. Whatever. I didn't need them, or the Mystic Union and they sure didn't need me. I walked through the city and saw a train getting ready to leave, so I ran and hopped in one of the cargo cars. 

Clark sighed and asked, "You're really running away from the only family you had left?"

"Yes, and Tsugumi and Guesty will be fine without me."

(I FINALLY DID IT)