Log 8: June 3rd, 1990

It is the summertime. I am 9 and Ace is 8. Arctic Hawkeye's memory was restored from the previous Halloween, and he was able to rejoin the Mystic Union. I am haunted by that day.

         So haunted in fact, that I trained myself hours upon hours without resting, eating, or drinking. Even though I had an idea that it was bad for me and that I needed to take a breather, I had no intent on stopping, so, I never did. "Zaydilyn," Clark would begin to urge me, "take a break. Please."

          "I can't. What if Jericho or Paxton comes back? I refuse to let them get away next time, so I need to be stronger than them," I'd reply, being the stubborn kid, I was fully aware I was.

            I'll admit it, I was paranoid, but I had a good reason to be. The people I cared so much about, the city I resided in and loved, and the whole world of Roblox could end because of Jericho and Paxton's strength and cruelty.  I finally pushed myself too far and collapsed like many days before, month after month. I was sweaty and exhausted.

             Ace found me and yet again, took me to infirmary to rest. Director Wetumpka was getting tired of me always overworking myself. I understand why. How could someone so exhausted and pathetic like me help protect others if I couldn't protect and keep myself healthy?

               When I woke up, Aleczander was looking at me with a frustrated glance. As soon as I saw that look on his face, I knew I was in for a lecture. Sighing, he said, "You know, Nurse Hamletmen is getting fed up. This is easily the 2nd day this week and the 215th day since that accident you've been over doing it."

                 "Thanks for pointing that out." I said, annoyed, "I have to go."

                     "Not so fast. You're staying here while I watch you," Aleczander replied with his British-accented voice cracking slightly.

                          I groaned and whined, "Zandri, I'm going to be late for training. Get out of my way."

                          Aleczander blocked my way and no matter how much I attempted to push past the obnoxious 13-year-old, I just couldn't. "You're not going anywhere, Jack," he said, "Director Wetumpka has banned you from participating from now on until he can trust you won't over exhaust yourself again."                 

                              At those words, I got angrier than I had gotten since the Halloween incident. How could Director Wetumpka do that?  Despite my age, I was one of the best fighters in the MU. I was relentless and very determined to train myself to the best fighter I could be which also made me furious and crushed. 

                                I was fuming but, all of the sudden, warm tears stung my eyes. I felt worthless. If I couldn't fight let alone train, I knew I was as good as useless. I just stared at the cot I was sitting on.

                               Aleczander looked at me and sighed. I bet he knew more than anyone that I felt purposeless, but maybe he didn't want to say anything at that moment of my expulsion. He then sat down with me and put his hand on mine. "Jack, listen, I know that this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's for your own good. The sooner you start to treat training and yourself healthier, the sooner I bet Wetumpka will let you back on the force," Aleczander said to me.

                               Those words and his calm demeanor are what I liked most about him. Despite his young age, Aleczander had always kept calm in sticky and personal situations. As well as being a prodigy in the medical industry, there was a mental and emotional type of healing that he was also capable of accomplishing. I nodded at his words and headed off to my room.

                                 I sat down on my bed and grabbed my copy of "The BFG".  It is one of my favorite books. I always think as Clark as the BFG and myself as Sophie.  I read about twenty pages before hearing it.

                                  CLANG, CLANG! I froze and looked at the vent above Ace's wardrobe. The clanging suddenly ceased. I walked over to the wardrobe and looked up into the vent. Out of the darkness, I saw an eye. 

                                    Stumbling back, I looked up unnerved as the vent opened. A boy, about my age, with black hair, tan skin, and a Mystic Union uniform dropped out of vent, falling harshly on the floor. Where in the heck did he come from? The boy sprung up and dusted himself off. "Hey, you're Ace's sister, right?"

                                     I nodded and he held out a wisteria flower with a note attached. Wisterias are Ace's favorite flower. The boy then explained, "I'm Jacob Catesby, but my real name is Levi Muertez. I think Ace is awesome and since Madre, which is "mother" in Spanish by the way, is a florist and gardener, I thought I'd give her a flower. One as pretty as her."

                                     Now if that isn't the sappiest and most sickeningly sweet thing I ever heard, I don't know what is. I took the flower and note from Jacob and looked at him confused. "Wait," I began to ask, "couldn't you have gone through our door instead of bursting through the vents and scaring the life out of me?"

                                        "Nope!" he yelled before running off. 

                                            After Jacob ran down the corridor, Ace walked in, utterly exhausted. She plopped down on her bed and looked at the flower in my hand. Her eyes widened as she inquired, "Is that a wisteria?"

                                             "Yeah," I said, "some boy wanted to give it to you."

                                                Ace took the flower and smiled as she took a sniff of the sweet scent. She giggled as I rolled my eyes. Ace is always so naive. I didn't tell her, but most crushes at our age don't last more than a year. 

                                                 Did I actually know that? No, but I figured that scenario would be most likely. Eh, she'll find out sooner or later.

 ((Ruh Roo, looks like Tsugumi found someone. Will Zaydi get jealous? I don't know really.))