Got A Speeding Ticket

Massachusetts Turnpike

Charlton, Massachusetts

Laurie was driving above the posted speed limit on the Mass Pike. She was driving 70 mph. Drivers honked their horns at her, and gave her dirty looks. She continued driving like she was on a racetrack. The windows were rolled down in her blue 1976 Lincoln Continental Coupe, her long brown hair blowing in the fierce wind.

The Massachusetts State Police saw her speeding along the pike, and drove after her, putting the sirens on. Laurie tried her best to speed away, but at the same time, she was running low on diesel. She had no choice, but to pull over.

The Massachusetts State Trooper got out of his car, and walked towards Laurie. "License and registration, please."

Laurie got out her Massachusetts driver's license and gave it to the state trooper.

"You were driving 70, Ma'am," stated the state trooper. "You could have caused a major accident."

"Sorry, sir," said Laurie. I was in a hurry to get to Boston."

"I'm writing you a ticket." True to his word, he wrote a speeding ticket and gave it to Laurie. "You need to go to court. Have a nice day." The Mass state trooper got back in his car and drove off.

"What a fine kettle of fish this is!" hissed Laurie.

This story was written on Wednesday, September 28th, 2022.

A/N Driving above the posted speed limit is a surefire way of getting a ticket! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.