His touch, even a friendly hug would send literal shocks through her body, and reminders of that night.

Percy towered over the demigoddess whenever they were near, making it even harder for Piper to make sense of her words. It wasn't easy, knowing her desires, while being looked down upon by a smoking hot, insanely muscled son of Poseidon.

Piper sat at the top of Camp Half-Blood hill that morning, thinking about all the thoughts running rampant across her mind. Sometimes they were so scrambled she found it hard to focus on the little things.

It was 5 am, and most of her days she'd at least be able to get some more sleep, but today she just couldn't. Piper watched the starry night, thinking of Zoë Nightshade.

Percy before, and even recently had told her stories of the famous huntress. He seemed to have cared a lot about her, and he still regretted her death.

"Can't say I expected to see you up this early." A enthusiastic voice called out from behind her.

Piper turned to see Percy, drenched in sweat, having just come from a morning run to start his day.

The worst part? He was shirtless, and every drop of sweat that created the glistened look across his abs, chest and arms tugged at her desires.

Having a clear mind for once when talking to him, Piper merely shrugged. "Couldn't sleep much, I see that's not why you're up." She said, taking the opportunity to stare at his chiseled body once again.

"Actually, that's exactly why I'm up." He said ina bit of a hushed tone.

Piper gave him a look that said 'spill it'.

"Nightmares." He explained. "Zoë's death, Charles's death, Silena's... walking through Tartarus again. It's not always a happy ending for the ones who survive two wars. I'm very grateful for what I still have, but surviving two wars means you'll lose people, and you'll regret things." He sighed as Piper stood up.

She walked over to him and placed a soft hand on his chest.

"You. Have been through too damn much, and it's time you start realizing that things happen. You saved a lot of lives Percy, so don't regret, just accept it and move forward."

"I-I'm scared if I do that, I'll just end up forgetting the ones I fought so hard for. When I think about them, it gives me the motivation to do anything."

"I never said forget." Piper told him sternly, "I said accept and move forward. Just because you move forward doesn't mean you can't still turn around and look back." She realized her hand was still on his chest, she tried to take it off without him noticing.

"That's... actually very true." Percy sounded almost... surprised.

Piper acted hurt. "Did you not expect a damsel like me to be so mature." She spoke in a high pitched voice like she was royalty.

He smiled at her childish actions. Perhaps he was not the only adult, still acting like a child.

"I like your smile." Piper blurted out before slapping a hand over her mouth as if she didn't mean to say it.

Percy saw this but didn't comment. "I like yours more, though I can't say I see it as often these days, Pipes."

She sighed, his words distracting the heat from rising to her cheeks.

"Can you even call what me and Jason have a relationship anymore?" She asked him, he looked conflicted.

"He won't touch me! He won't even make out with me anymore because he's worried I'll trick him into sleeping with me! My own boyfriend, can you believe that?!" Piper started ranting, and she wasn't stopping anytime soon.