The one with many daddies

MY mother has many husbands. It may sound strange but if she is happy, then I am fine with that. Some people raised their brows when I tell them that my mom has many husbands. But although she has many husbands, I don't mind. I call them one name – Dad. Lahat naman sila, they seem to love me and my mother so much and if that I the case then I don't have to think about anything else but my mother's happiness.

I first noticed this oddity when I was eight years old while I was playing restaurant with my original Dad. We were busy having a cup of imaginary tea. Of course, at that moment, I was too young to ever know anything. I just noticed some things. It happened when his phone rang, and he excused himself and told me that he needed to answer that. I didn't care. My world at that time was revolving around my cute teacups and my barbie dolls. After some minutes, I saw my dad coming back. He sat on his spot and looked at me. I was too young to ever know anything, but I do notice. I felt him staring at me -like he had just seen me and when I stared back at him, I noticed his eyes, it was darker, but it's the same as my dad's – kind. I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.

"Hi, little one." He said to me. I waved back at him; he shook my hand, and we played even more. I don't know who he is, but I just know that he looks like my dad, but he is not may Dad. But it's okay, I like him, and I wished he will play with me again. I wanted to ask Mommy about it. But I didn't. I don't know why I didn't, but I guess it's just right. It would be like my dad, and I will have a tiny secret.

"You're not my Daddy." I told him once at school while sitting on my favorite swing while "Daddy" feeds me strawberry ice cream. I know that he's not because Daddy will never feed me ice cream because Mom always tell him that it's bawal because I easily get sore throat but this Daddy always feeds me these whenever he comes and picks me up at school.

"Hmmm?" I saw him looking at me. "How do you know?"

"'Cause you feed me ice cream and my Daddy will never do that."

"Daddy" chuckled while eating his own ice cream.

"Who are you?"

"You are really smart, Aviara."

"I am. My mommy said that I am like her. I'm smart and beautiful. So, I know that you're not my Daddy, but you look like him. Your eyes are different. Why is that? Are you, his brother?"

"Let's just say I am your daddy's friend. My name is Race." He offered me his hand. I shook it and smiled at him.

"I like you, Uncle Race."

"And I like you too." He even winked at me. From that day on, I gained a new friend and that is my original daddy's friend.

Uncle Race and I always play whenever he comes to pick me up. I don't know when he goes and leave but every dinner, it's my dad again. I love my dad, but I like my friend Uncle Race.

After almost a year, I noticed another oddity again. It was during that time I was having a hard time answering my science assignment. I remember that I hated science so much because I can't seem to identify some of the things my teacher is teaching us. That was when I met him, my Dad's other friend – Rocky. He is smart and funny and he always makes sure that I know my sciences.