21. Aunt Remide's project

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely. Our door is always open." replied Sanem as he prepared the glasses.

"Metin told us we would only see him." Can replied.

"I know. Metin warned me of your return. He also added that he would see you again today. So, I told myself to drop by in person, my children. You have been on the road for two years. The last time I saw you, you were not in good shape at all. I heard you were back together, and about to leave... but you had that accident, and then Can's memory loss. The agency restarted, Sanem's attempts to make you recover your memory of her.... Then the wedding and finally the trip around the world. If it wasn't for Aziz and Metin I wouldn't know anything now." Remide said, summing it all up in a few words. Clear and decisive as she was.

Sanem arrived with the teas ready, accompanied by the biscuits her mother had left her the night before.

"Aunt Remide, I'm sorry I didn't let you know, but everything happened so fast!" tried to apologise Can.

"I believe you children, I believe you! It's amazing to think of all that has happened to you since the last time I was here." she replied understandingly.

"Yeah. But good things happened too. We finally got married!" Can replied, trying to lighten the atmosphere from unpleasant memories for everyone.

"Oh, yes, when Aziz told me, I jumped for joy! In my condition, then! Can you believe it? Despite everything and everyone, that was always your destiny, my children!" said Remide.

"Can you're very lucky, brother! Really! You have found the love of your life. Never take it for granted." commented Metin.

"No, I will never take him for granted. I am very lucky. I know." said Can.

"We are very lucky to have each other." Sanem pointed out.

"I knew it. And now I can admit that with Aziz and the others we really did everything we could to bring you together again." Remide exclaimed.

Can and Sanem exchanged a look of understanding. They knew well that their friends had contributed to their reconciliation. Indeed they smiled and remained silent. Aziz had told them everything.

"So you have settled here?" asked Metin changing the subject.

Sanem looked at Can hoping he was the one to answer, so he took the floor.

"Yes, Metin. Sanem and I love this place very much. We can be in the middle of nature here. We have our boat at the dock five minutes away. And we have the forest. Sanem can pick flowers for her perfumes. Here she has his workshop. And back here, we have the vegetable garden with a special guardian."explained.

Sanem tried to hold back a laugh.

"Why? What's funny? I didn't understand." Metin replied.

"If you want, we'll take you on a tour of the estate afterwards, so you'll understand." Can replied.

"We have many important memories here. The estate is not ours, but we feel at home here. Don't we?" said Can looking at his wife.

"It's true we feel connected to this place. I couldn't have said it better." replied Sanem.

"Speaking of creams... Deren said you started a company, is that right?" asked Aunty Remide.

"Yes, the company is called Sanem. Can chose the name," she clarified.

"Yes, it is doing very well. Sanem got another offer from the American seller. Creating a full line of products." said Can joyfully.

"Wow! Sanem is great!" replied Metin." Congratulations."