30 | It's okay

It was early in the morning, the sun is barely starting to shine over the mountains

It was early in the morning, the sun is barely starting to shine over the mountains. Bodhi's sitting next to our window with his hair perfectly gelded back and a glass of vodka laced between his bruised knuckles, he did not react as he swallowed a huge gulp of the burning substance.

He can't look me in the eye, he's been avoiding even standing next to me. He placed the glass down on the table before standing up, he buttoned his suit while reaching his hand out toward me. My hand touched his, there was no spark but misery.

"Let's just make this quick." He said.

I didn't reply, there was nothing to say without crying.

We walked downstairs, my stomach was turning and making me feel even more ill. Everyone is sitting with many breakfast plates in the center of the table, from the corner of my eyes I immediately saw him. I couldn't look him in the eye because if I did the truth would come out and it hurt him way more than it's ever hurt me, I care more about his feelings than mine.

"Is something wrong, honey?" Audrey says, she directed her sentence to her son.

"Nothing is wrong, we just have really good news to share." He replied, he brought my hand to his chest almost making me vomit.

"What is it?" Kaz said, his voice sounded empty and my body secretly responded.

My eyes remained on the floor but I could feel his drilling holes inside my body, my other hand laid flat against my thigh with my thumb digging inside my skin. Bodhi stood up a little straighter, his shoulders grew broader almost trying to seem bigger.

"Tonight we're having our rehearsal dinner and tomorrow, we're having our wedding." Bodhi said, very clearly.

My eyes finally managed to look up at him, and all the oxygen in my body disappeared immediately. His jaw was clenched and his body language said all it needed to say, he was hurt. He slowly lowered his glass of water, he didn't look anywhere else but at me.

"That's very short notice." His mom said.

"Make it happen." He says very slowly and precisely, his eyes remaining on his dad.

"Don't speak to your mother like that." Kaz snapped, angrily.

Bodhi chuckled, his other hand running across his chin. My brother watched carefully not knowing where this is going, he took a sip of his orange juice with a concern face expression.

"Or what? What more can you do to hurt me?"

My body grew smaller, I wanted to crawl into a hole and never return. That feeling you get when your stomach drops and feels empty, and hurts because of how hollow it feels. Kaz's demeanor changed almost immediately after hearing the words pour from his mouth, his eyes softened when they met his son's.

"What are you talking about?" Audrey asked, she sounded confused. "Your father has never even lifted a finger at you."

"It's nothing." Bodhi cleared his throat, he dropped my hand and my body gravitated back just a little.