16 | Don't touch her

The familiar smell of his cologne woke me up, my sleepy eyes met his

The familiar smell of his cologne woke me up, my sleepy eyes met his. Bodhi sat at the edge of our bed with his hand placed against my cheek, his fingers were brushing my hair. I stretched my sore limps while exhaling loudly, he smiled while unwrapping me from my cozy blanket. He kicked off his shoes before climbing in bed with me, his arms wrapped around my small waist while I flicked the blanket over us.

His head pressed against my chest, and my hands hesitated at first but slowly combed through his hair.

"My dad texted me last night, he told me that you were crying." Bodhi whispered, his voice was soft like he cared. "I took the first plane out."

Kaz couldn't comfort me so he sent someone else to do it, someone who he knows isn't a terrible person. I didn't notice I was crying until he swiped his thumb under my eye, he was staring at me with a concerned glare lingering inside his eyes.

"I love you more than anything in this world including hockey." He kissed my red nose, and my body froze. He's never said that before, especially before hockey, it made me feel not so alone.

Bodhi seems different, like more caring and more in love?

"Talk to me, pretty lady." He said, wiggling his eyebrows causing me to smile. When we were younger, Bodhi had a major crush on me and only would call me a pretty lady whenever he was talking about me.

"My brother happened. I thought he cared for me but it was all a lie, he saved himself." I mumbled, and more tears fell from my eyes.

He sat up, his eyes locked on the dark purple bruise against my arm. The one his dad accidentally gave me yesterday, something clicked in Bodhi's eyes. I haven't seen that look before, it was sadness and anger mixed.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked with no emotion in his voice.

I shake my head. "No, no he didn't." My brother has never laid a hand on me but your dad has laid multiple but not in a bad way, I can't exactly say that.

Why does he care now?

"You're lying, he hurt you." He said before pushing the blanket off of us, both his fist were in a ball.

"Bodhi, I'm okay." I mumbled.

"I can't do this anymore." He mumbled, his hands running down his entire face as his lips pulled into a frown. "I am tired of seeing new fucking bruises on you."

I never thought it affected him this much, he never stopped it so I always thought he didn't mind the bruises. He stared at the bruise, his jaw clenched and before I could stop him, he was dashing out the room with a trail of smoke following him. I stood up as fast as I could and wrapped my robe around my body, what was he going to do?

I tried my best to catch up with him, my hair was flying everywhere. When I turned the corner in the living room I saw his fist pounding against my brother's cheek, Tiago fell to the floor with a loud thump. Bodhi fell to his knees pounding my brother's face repeatedly.