Chapter 11: Kill the beast!

Art by Nyaagolor on Tumblr

(Cut to black. POV of Galacta Knight as his eyes open. He sees Meta Knight.)

Galacta Knight: Meta?

Meta Knight: Shh. It's all right, Papa. I'm home.

Galacta Knight: I thought I'd never see you again.

Meta Knight: I missed you so much.

Galacta Knight: But the beast. How did you escape?

Meta Knight: I didn't escape, Papa. He let me go.

Galacta Knight: That horrible beast?

Meta Knight: But he's different, now. He's changed somehow.

(There is sound coming from Meta Knight's pack. The flap opens and the magic mirror falls out with Kirby rolling to a stop on it.)

Kirby: Hi!

Meta Knight: Oh, a stowaway.

Galacta Knight: Why, hello there, little fella. Didn't think I'd ever see you again.

Kirby: (turns to Meta Knight with a look of question on his face.) Meta, why'd you go away? Don't you like us anymore?

Meta Knight: Oh, Kirby. Of course I do. It's just that-- (There is a knocking at the door. Meta Knight opens it and Monsieur Marx stands on the porch.) May I help you?

Marx: I've come to collect your father.

Meta Knight: My father?

Marx: Don't worry, Monsieur. (He steps aside to show the Asylum D'Loons wagon behind him.) We'll take good care of him.

Meta Knight: My father's not crazy.

Gooey: (Emerging from the crowd) He was raving like a lunatic. We all heard him, didn't we!

Bystanders: Yes!

Meta Knight: No, I won't let you.

Galacta Knight: (emerged from the home.) Meta?

Gooey: Galacta. Tell us again, old man, just how big was the beast?

Galacta Knight: (Struggling) Well, he was...that is...enormous. I'd say at least eight, no more like ten feet. (the crowd laughs at him.)

Gooey: Well, you don't get much crazier than that.

Galacta Knight: It's true, I tell you!

(Marx waves his arms and the orderlies move in and pick up Galacta Knight.)

Gooey: Get him out of here!

Galacta Knight: Let go of me!

(DMS has been watching from the sides, standing near Marx.)

Meta Knight: (To Marx.) No, you can't do this! (Marx shakes him off and walks away.)

DMS: Poor Meta. It's a shame about your father.

Meta Knight: You know he's not crazy, DMS.

DMS: I might be able to clear up this little misunderstanding, if...

Meta Knight: If what?

DMS: If you marry me.

Meta Knight: What?

DMS: One little word, Meta. That's all it takes.

Meta Knight: Never!

DMS: Have it your way. (Turns and walks away slowly, playing hard to get.)

Galacta Knight: (Being thrown into the wagon.) Meta? (He runs back into the house.) Let go of me!

Meta Knight: (Comes back out with the magic mirror. He yells to the crowd.) My father's not crazy and I can prove it! (to the magic mirror) Show me the beast (The magic mirror again shines, then produces the image of the still depressed King Dedede. The crowd oohs and aahs at it.)