Chapter 6: Dinner with Dedede?

Art by Blueberryfruitbat

(Fade back to the bedroom of the castle where Meta Knight is still crying. There is a 'clink clink clink' at the door. He gets up and walks over to open the door. Morpho Knight enters with Kirby and their entourage.)

Meta Knight: Who is it?

Morpho Knight: (from outside the door) Morpho, dear. (Door opens.) I thought you might like a spot of tea.

Meta Knight: (amazed at the fact that he is listening to a walking tea set) But you're... You're a... (bumps into Sectonia)

Sectonia: Ooh! Careful!

Meta Knight: (sits on bed) This is impossible--

Sectonia: (leans 'shoulder' on bed, popping other end and Meta Knight into the air) I know it is, but here we are!

Kirby: (as sugar and cream are being poured into him) I told you he was pretty, Dad, didn't I?

Morpho Knight: All right, now, Kirby. That'll do. (Kirby hops over to Meta Knight, who is sitting on the floor) Slowly, now. Don't spill!

Meta Knight: Thank you. (He picks up Kirby, and is about to take a sip of tea.)

Kirby: (To Meta Knight) Wanna see me do a trick? (Kirby takes a big breath, then puffs out his cheeks and blows bubbles out the top of the cup.)

Morpho Knight: (admonishingly) Kirby!

Kirby: (looking guilty) Oops. Sorry.

Morpho Knight: (To Meta Knight) That was a very brave thing you did, my dear.

Sectonia: We all think so.

Meta Knight: But I've lost my father, my dreams, everything.

Morpho Knight: Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end. You'll see. (He looks up, startled.) Ooh, listen to me... jabbering on while there's a supper to get on the table. Kirby!

Kirby: (hopping away) Bye!

(Meta Knight stands and Sectonia approaches him.)

Sectonia: Well now, what shall we dress you in for dinner? Let's see what I've got in my drawers. (The doors fly open and moths flutter out. She slams them shut.) Oh! How embarrassing. Here we are. (One door opens, the other serves as an arm. It pulls out a nice black suit.) Ah! There, you'll look ravishing in this one!

Meta Knight: That's very kind of you, but I'm not going to dinner.

Sectonia: Oh, but you must!

Sailor Dee: (waddles into Meta Knight's room) Ahem, ahem, ahem. Dinner...is served.

(Cut to King Dedede pacing back and forth in front of fire, with Morpho Knight and Bandana Dee looking on.)

King Dedede: What's taking so long? I told him to come down. Why isn't he here yet?!?!

Morpho Knight: Oh, try to be patient, sir. The boy has lost her father and her freedom all in one day.

Bandana Dee: Uh, master. Have you thought that, perhaps, this boy could be the one to break the spell?

King Dedede: (angrily) Of course I have. I'm not a fool.

Bandana Dee: Good. You fall in love with him, he falls in love with you, and--Poof!--the spell is broken! We'll be human again by midnight! (That sounds like a good title for a song-- "Human Again")

Morpho Knight: Oh, it's not that easy, Bandana. These things take time.

Bandana Dee: But the rose has already begun to wilt.