Chapter 5: A new home?

Art by dood1e-bug

Galacta Knight: No, please spare my son! Please!

King Dedede: He's no longer your concern. (King Dedede throws Galacta Knight into the Palanquin.) Take him to the village.

(The Palanquin breaks the ivy holding it to the ground, then slinks off like a spider with Galacta Knight inside)

Galacta Knight: Let me out! Please, let me out! Let me out! Please! Please!

(Cut to Meta Knight looking out the cell window at the Palanquin crossing the bridge over the moat. He begins to cry. Cut to King Dedede walking up the stairs. Bandana Dee is still at his post.)

Bandana Dee: Master?

King Dedede: (angrily) What?

Bandana Dee: Since the boy is going to be with us for quite some time, I was thinking that you might want to offer him a more comfortable room. (King Dedede growls angrily at him.) Then again, maybe not.

(King Dedede enters the cell where Meta Knight is still crying.)

Meta Knight: You didn't even let me say goodbye. I'll never see him again. I didn't get to say good-bye.

King Dedede: (feeling bad) I'll show you to your room.

Meta Knight: (surprised) My room? (Indicating the cell) But I thought--

King Dedede: You wanna, you wanna stay in the tower?

Meta Knight: No.

King Dedede: Then follow me.

(King Dedede leads Meta Knight to his room. As they proceed, Meta Knight begins to lag behind. He looks at the hideous sculptures on the walls and the light casting shadows on them. Frightened, he gasps and runs to catch up with King Dedede, who is carrying Bandana Dee as a light source. King Dedede looks back at Meta Knight, and sees a tear forming in the corner of his eye.)

Bandana Dee: Say something to him.

King Dedede: Hmm? Oh. (To Meta Knight) I...um...hope you like it here. (He looks at Bandana Dee for approval. He motions King Dedede to continue.) The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like, except the West Wing.

Meta Knight: (looking intrigued) What's in the West Wing?

King Dedede: (stopping angrily) It's forbidden!

(King Dedede continues, and Meta Knight reluctantly follows. Cut to int. of Meta Knight's room, dark. The door opens and light spills in.)

King Dedede: (Tenderly) Now, if you need anything, my servants will attend you.

Bandana Dee: (whispering in his ear) Dinner--invite him to dinner.

King Dedede: (Growing angry) You will...join me for dinner. That's not a request!

(King Dedede leaves, slamming the door behind him. Meta Knight, terrified, runs over to the bed and flings himself onto it, finally breaking down and crying. Fade to tavern in the town.)

DMS: Who does she think he is? That boy has tangled with the wrong man. No one says 'no' to DMS!

Gooey: Darn right!

DMS: Dismissed. Rejected. Publicly humiliated. Why, it's more than I can bear. (turns chair away)

Gooey: (Runs in front of him) More beer?

DMS: (Turns chair away again) What for? Nothing helps. I'm disgraced.

Gooey: Who, you? Never. DMS, you've got to pull yourself together. ♪Gosh it disturbs me to see you, DMS. Looking so down in the dumps. (Gooey helps DMS to smile. DMS punches him and he lands on the table of the four stooges.) Every guy here'd love to be you, DMS. (the old cronies cheering from the gallery) Even when taking your lumps.♪