Chapter 8: Thank you for saving me

Art by Deefighter2739

(Bandana Dee comes up next to Sailor Dee.)

Meta Knight: Oh, I couldn't possibly go to bed now. It's my first time in an enchanted castle.

Sailor Dee: Enchanted? Who said anything about the castle being enchanted? (He tries to cover it up, just as a fork runs past. To Bandana Dee) It was you, wasn't it!?

Meta Knight: I... figured it out for myself. (Sailor Dee and Bandana Dee have been fighting. They both look at him, then stop. Sailor Dee dusts himself off, and Bandana Dee fixes his wax nose.) I'd like to look around, if that's all right.

Bandana Dee: (excited) Oh! Would you like a tour?

Sailor Dee: Wait a second, wait a second. I'm not sure that's such a good idea. (Confidentially, to Bandana Dee) We can't let him go poking around in certain places, if you know what I mean.

Meta Knight: (Poking Sailor Dee in the belly) Perhaps you could take me. I'm sure you know everything there is to know about the castle.

Sailor Dee: (flattered) Well, actually, ah yes, I do!

(Fade to Sailor Dee, Bandana Dee, and Meta Knight walking down a hall with the footstool. Sailor Dee is lecturing.)

Sailor Dee: As you can see, the pseudo facade was stripped away to reveal a minimalist rococo design. Note the unusual inverted vaulted ceilings. This is yet another example of the neo-classic baroque period, and as I always say, if it's not baroque, don't fix it! Ha ha ha. Now then, where was I? (He turns to find the heads of the suits of armor have turned to follow Meta Knight.) As you were! (They all snap back to face forward.) Now, if I may draw your attention to the flying buttresses above the--uh, Monsieur?

(Sailor Dee turns back to the group and is one boy short. He sees him beginning to climb the grand staircase. He and Bandana Dee run up to him and jump in front of him, blocking his progress upstairs.)

Meta Knight: What's up there?

Sailor Dee: Where? There? Oh, nothing. Absolutely nothing of interest at all in the West Wing. Dusty, dull, very boring.

(Bandana Dee has been shaking his head, but Sailor Dee nudges him and he nods in agreement.)

Meta Knight: Ah, so that's the West Wing.

Bandana Dee: (To Sailor Dee) Nice going!

Meta Knight: I wonder what he's hiding up there.

Bandana Dee: Hiding? The master is hiding nothing!

Meta Knight: Then it wouldn't be forbidden. (He steps over them, but they dash up and block his again.)

Sailor Dee: Perhaps Monsieur would like to see something else. We have exquisite tapestries dating all the way back to...

Meta Knight: (again stepping over them) Maybe later.

Bandana Dee: (with Sailor Dee, again dashing and blocking) Uh, the-the gardens or-or the-the library, perhaps?

Meta Knight: (Now, with incredible interest) You have a library?

Sailor Dee: (Thrilled that he has found something to interest him) Oh yes! Indeed!

Bandana Dee: With books!

Sailor Dee: Scads of books!

Bandana Dee: Mountains of books!

Sailor Dee: Forests of books!

Bandana Dee: Cascades!

Sailor Dee: Cloudbursts!