Chapter 10

"we got a freaking clue!" I said rushing to Mr. Forger and the others.

"It better be worth the hype Damian." Mr. Forger said after I almost clashed into him.

"It is sir." I said while I drank a glass of water.
"So we got Anya's mobile, and the vehie which it was dropped from. We got 4 vehicles being looked for. But the important part is that it's a laboratory van...."

"Anya did mention she was a lab experiment.." Mrs Forger gasped.

I nodded in agreement and so did Becky. She stood by me and placed a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

Even though Mr. Forger didn't say anything I could say he looked a bit relieved and shot a glance at me before nodding.

" I want every information you've collected Desmond. In 5 minutes. We're not wasting anymore time."
Mr.Forger said before looking into his phone and dialling numbers.

"Good job Damian." I was embraced in a warm hug which took me off gaurd. I've never really hugged anyone besides Anya or Becky.

"He may not say anything to you but I know he's thankful for your information. He'll get around. Thank you." she said before letting go of me.

"Let's go get ready for whatever is coming next bro. By the looks of it, we might need some defence. " Sam said patting my back.

"Sam? I really appreciate you for doing this. But are you really OK with this? This is dangerous. We don't know what ll happen next..." I stated

"No damian. I might know you all for a little time now, but you guys are my everything now and I can't afford to lose someone close to me. So I'm willing to do this. For Anya, for you and for Becky. Shes been miserable." he said I couldn't help just hug him.

" thank you Sam." I said clearing my throat after pulling back.
He nodded before leaving to Becky.
They're meant for each other. I only feel more miserable seeing them kiss and hug. I want my Anya. I want to hold her too... Kiss her.. Probably take us somewhere more than that.

Just then my phone ringed.
"hello? Damian. This is your dad. Where have you been? You haven't gone to school and mom says she hasn't heard from you in a while." he said in a cold voice.
This is the first time in 3 years I've heard him talking to me. He cares now?

"Sorry dad. I'm kinda busy right now. Talk to you later." I said before hanging up without waiting for his reply. I'm probably gonna get into trouble later. But right now, Anya is my first priority.

I completely ignored the fact my father called and got ready for whatever we were gonna face.

"Desmond." I heard, I turned to see Mr. Forger there.
"yes sir." I tried to be as less awkward as possible.
"Have this. It might come to use. I assume you know how to handle it." he said handing me my own gun. It had all the bullets with a silencer. He handed me more refill.
"Anya always wanted a gun with a silencer. Wonder what she'd do with it.." he said with a low chuckle.

"we'll find her and I promise you that I'd return her back to you safely." I said with my head down.
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Thanks Desmond. For everything" he said before leaving.

He just spoke to me. Damn.

Mr Forger had  friends coming for help. There not a lot of people we trust. If he's trusting them we all can.

I started walking to the balcony to get some fresh air. I was about to open the door when I heard Mrs. Forger voice.

"... I know Loid. I'll be okay." she said.
"but I can't risk you and our baby. Please Yor stay here... I promise we'll call you when we need backup." he pleaded. I've never seen this side of Mr. Forger before.

"no Loid. End of discussion. As much as this baby is important. Anya is too. I'm going in." she snapped at him
"ugh! Fine. But you stay under my sight. And when I see danger around you I'll ask them to sedate you. You got it?" he gave up.

Damn Mrs. Forger got superpowers.
I heard footsteps so I jogged away from the place.

One day maybe I'll get to be a dad too?I want Atleast 3 kids. I want to get silly scoldings from anya but I never want to be like my father. I would want to show him that only getting good marks isn't going to help them, I want to spend time with them coloring, playing...

Mr forgers friends arrived. One short man and a red haired woman. They seemed to be talking something important so I didn disturb them.

Becky and Sam had come and we were leaving in 10 hours. And we need to be back with Anya. I can't imagine something without her in my life.

We decided to get some sleep before the big day tomorrow. Hang on Anya we're coming. I'll take care of you baby. Stay put.

-----------------------------------------

A/N
Hey lovessss. I'm really sorry for the late publish. Plzzz don't hate me.

I Had some readers asking me to publish sooner. And I'm glad to know I've got reader.

Anyways,
Love y'all byee❤️❤️