Chapter 6

Anya's POV:

Why can't I read Damian's mind. Its getting harder to read minds now. Maybe I don't want to?

But still, Damian looked so stressed and kind of stuck inside his head. Is he hiding something...didnt he say people in a relationship shouldn't hide anything?

Maybe he knows I'm hiding my powers. But it would create problems between us too. Do I have to risk it all?

Becky! I'll ask her.

I run through the corridors to find her. Maybe find out her thinking?
I stop and focus on her thoughts. And I can't do it entirely. It started to hurt but I did. I walk towards the voice. And I finally found her. I wipe off the blood from my nose.

"Becky... I need advice." I said. She looked me with wide eyes and stopped whatever she was doing and pulled me to the seat.
"you've reached the right person." sje said.
"In a relationship, people don't lie to each other or hide things about them right?" I ask.
"obviously. That's the first step to trust and relationship. Even between us, we don't hide stuff from each other right. It's more important in a relationship." she started her explanation.
"So he has to be honest with me and I with him. Right?" I ask to clarify it one last time.

"Yes Anya." she says placing her hands on my shoulder.

But I'm also hiding this from Becky. Isn't it wrong. Even with mama and papa. Maybe, I should tell them too.
But first I need to tell Damian about it.

I thanked her and rushed out of the room to find him. Thank God I had the last hour free. So after I tell Damian I'll tell Becky and go him to tell mama and papa.

I found him by the tree thinking, his face was supported on his knees. So I walked up to him and sat beside him.
"Damian... I need to tell you something." i said as I adjust my skirt.
"Anya.. Can we do this later?" he asked not interested.
"no.. I have to tell you this now.. Please?" I said
"Anya.. Pl-" he started but I v cut him off.
"I can read minds Damian." I said bluntly.
He looked at me eyes wide.
"Don't be silly Anya." he said before standing up.

"I'm serious Damian. I was originally a lab experiment. My parents adopted me. And I can read minds. That explains the horn like things I have." I said removing the black cap from my
Horns. He looked a bit taken aback.

"What.. How.. Noo.. " he trailed
"it's true Damian. I just wanted to tell you everything. I didn't want to hide it from the loved ones anymore." i said.
"Does that mean.. You've been reading my mind... For the entire time? " he asked stepping back.

"Not entirely." i was honest.
"I Can't belive this! You've been hiding your powers and the truth about your parents the entire time?! To everyone? Especially to me! I thought you loved me! People in a relationship do not hide shit from each other. Oh my God! " he said running his hands through his hair frustratedly. And he looked very angry.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier. I really am. I haven't told anyone about it. Any please you don't too." I asked.
"you know what Anya? I've been hiding something too. Our relationship here was just a bet. It was dare to me and I fell for you and you hid things from me. So I guess it was just a bet." he said before walking away.

What does he mean bet? So his feeling weren't true? But he said he loved me? And now he walks away. Does it mean he... He wants to end our relationship?

Thinking about all this, my eyes filled with tears. I walked back to Becky. I need to tell her too. She will be mad at me too. Ugh! My life sucks right now.

"Anya baby, what is it? Who made my baby cry? Was it that idiotmond? I'll whoop his ass now." Becky said getting into fighting stance.

"Becky, I need to tell you something." I said looking down at my feet.
"You can tell me anything, Anya" she said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Becky, I can read minds. And my parents, they adopted me I am not their original kid." I say still looking to the floor. I couldn't read anything now. Just blank.
"What do you mean,'read minds'?" she asked.
"I can read what people think, like a telepath. But I can't do it now, I'm not able to." I said looking at her eyes.

"Oh.. Umm.. That's a lot to process..." She said with wide eyes.
"I'll.. Um...wait.. Does Damian know?" she asked. My eyes teared more.
"I told him a while ago... He was mad.. He said that this 'thing' we had was just a bet and walked away... " I said before tears rolled down my cheeks unstoppably.

I turned around and walked away.

I walked to the bus and made my way to home. Seeing Damian's and Becky's reactions, I kind of don't want to tell them, I don't want to lose them too. I already lost someone I loved so much, and now my best friend, not my parents too, I have been living with them for the longest, I don't want to go to the orphanage again.

I stood in front of the door.

Before I Could open, papa opened the door.
"oh its you.. I thought-"
'...one of my enemies'
"It was one of your enemies?" I asked leaving him in surprise.

"what are you talking about?" he asked laughing nervously.

"I need to tell something to you and mama. Are you free now?" I ask
"ofcourse Anya. Come in." he said and I walked in and he called mama to the table. Both of them sat across from me.

"what's going on here?" mama asked
"I am a Telepath. I've always been. I can read other people's minds." I said after everyone sat on the table. Both of them went silent. There was no words, it was complete silence.

They'll not want me anymore too.
I stood up and walked to my room. This is were I lose everything now.