1. Bodrum - Orak island

Start from the beginning

"Wow what a view! You can really see everything from here!"

The sea loomed ahead of them. More ships and more land could be seen on the horizon. The crystal-clear water near the coast faded into a deep, dark blue that disappeared into the horizon. To the right and left they were surrounded by the island's characteristic green. It was truly a piece of paradise.

"We are on top of the world," Can replied.

"Can, that's our boat!" Sanem pointed to her left.

"Yes, we came from there," he confirmed.

"Wow, it's so small from here! And the water is so crystal clear it looks like the boat is floating!" commented Sanem.

"Yeah. It's really nice!" admitted Can.

They stood in silence for a few minutes, admiring every detail of that dreamlike landscape.

It was Can who broke that silence and began to narrate.

"My father introduced me to this place." He admitted.

Sanem, turned to look at him as his gaze wandered over the horizon. He listened attentively.

"During a holiday he stopped here with his yacht. I was more or less eight or nine years old. It was just me and him. Emre was with my mother,' he explained.

"In those years, I read many books about travelling around the world, and in particular, I was very fascinated by the uninhabited islands scattered across the oceans. These included the Galapagos," he admitted, casting a glance at her.

"When we arrived here, it was around this time. The end of summer... and the flow of tourists was limited, because this was, and still is, a protected area." he continued.

"He told me that nobody lived on this island. Only animals and vegetation. And it was the place to learn... and to understand," Can said.

"The island allowed diving, camping in the woods, being outdoors in the most pristine nature," he added.

"He said, 'I know how much you would like to get away. How much you would like to visit distant lands. But you have to be prepared. Being alone in the middle of nowhere is not easy. You have to understand what the risks are. The pros and cons of such a journey. If that is what you want, I will always be by your side, whatever your decision is, son." Can looked at Sanem for a moment and saw that she was completely immersed in the story.

He wanted her to continue, so he continued. "My father, he understood how important that interest was to me. And I think... that was exactly why he brought me here then," Can said, turning to look at her.

"He told me: There are many places untouched by man near us. This is one of them. The hand of man is only in that lighthouse, created many years ago. He said, pointing to that lighthouse you see over there." Can pointed to a rocky point to their right, from which peeped out among the surrounding greenery, another lighthouse, red this time.

"This is a place made for finding oneself, Can. Here, man is in touch with nature at 360 degrees. It is easy to find inner peace. To merge with nature. Respect it, understand it and surrender to it,' Can said, repeating his father's words from memory.

"I think it was in that moment that I realised I wanted to travel. That I realised who I am and what I wanted." he admitted.

"It was because of this place that I travelled the world." he confessed.

Sanem, who had been silent the whole time, thus spoke. "Your father understood you. He wanted to support you. I think it is also because of his words that you did."