~Chapter 5~

- - - -THIRD PERSON POV- - - -During the fight between The ANBU member and (Y/n),And Shortly After It.

 The Hokage's battle goes on, the Jonin in the audience that had managed to repel out the genjutsu begining to confront the invading ninja, determined to protect the audience from stray attacks. 

Meanwhile, Baki informs Kankuro and Temari to take Gaara elsewhere, his injury making him useless for the planned invasion.Sasuke,confused about what is going on, follows the three, wanting to finish his fight with Gaara.Kakashi watches Sasuke go off, unable to leave his current duty of protection. 

He does, however, notice that Sakura too has managed to shake the genjutsu,and (Y/n) tells her to wake Shikamaru and Naruto up,as the young woman Lept to another roof.

 Sakura does so, though she finds that Shikamaru was also unaffected by the genjutsu, choosing to pretend like he had so that he could avoid being drawn into battle. To help in their pursuit of Sasuke, Kakashi summons Pakkun  to guide them, and the four set off...

As the group leaves the stadium and enters the forest, Pakkun senses that they are being followed by nine Oto ninja.

 To act as a distraction and buy the others some time, Shikamaru stays behind to slow down the ninja. After altering his surroundings to give the impression that the group went in a different direction, Shikamaru lies in wait for the following invaders.

 Once they catch up and take notice of the apparent change in course, Shikamaru traps the group with his Shadow Imitation Technique. Shikamaru notices, however, that he has only managed to catch eight of the nine, indicating that one ninja had been following behind to protect the others.

Running low on chakra and therefore running out of time that he can restrain the ninja with, Shikamaru throws shuriken at the group so that he can find out the location of the ninth. 

The shuriken are all stopped by the free ninja's needles, and Shikamaru tries to extend his shadow to the ninja's location, though he doesn't have enough shadow to work with. After keeping the eight at bay for a while longer, Shikamaru's chakra runs out, and he is forced to release the group. Freed, the group encourages the ninth ninja to be the one to kill their captive, and in response a ninja appears behind Shikamaru.

 The ninja, however, catches everyone by surprise, as it is revealed Asuma Sarutobi to be with the ninth ninja in tow. In a flash, Asuma takes out the other eight, and he tells Shikamaru to take a rest.

Sasuke eventually manages to catch up to Gaara, Kankurō, and Temari. As Kankurō prepares to fight Sasuke in the hopes of giving Temari and Gaara time to escape,Shino Aburame arrives to fight Kankurō in Sasuke's stead, wanting to have the fight he had been denied during the finals. As Sasuke goes off to continue his pursuit of Gaara, Kankurō unveils his puppet, Karasu, and Shino readies his bugs for battle. 

Kankurō uses Karasu's new arsenal of weapons to try and poison Shino, though Shino's bugs allow him to make a number of otherwise impossible evasions. 

As Kankurō continues to direct Karasu, Shino is able to navigate his bugs in secret to Kankurō's location, which consume his chakra and prevent him from moving. With Kankurō no longer able to move, Shino collapses, Karasu's one successful strike finally taking effect.