1

Everything was ringing. Faces were blurred. Ace couldn't see anyone beside himself and his little brother.

"Oi. Luffy..." he called, but didn't get a response. Only light breathing could be heard in the air.

"It seems like...I do not have much time..." Trying to catch his breath, Luffy was slowly whispering. Luffy was leaning on Ace's body with one hand on his shoulder and the other was hanging from pain. "Please tell them my words..."

"Wh...What are you talking about? You say it yourself!" Ace exclaimed. He didn't know what to do, Luffy, his baby brother was slowly dying in his hands and he couldn't do anything. Tears were slowly falling down his cheeks.

"Ace...Gramps...Everyone" Luffy started. "Thank...you for the adventure..." Luffy inhaled his last breath and said his last words "Ace...I am going to sleep now..." Luffy then closed his eyes and with a loud thud, Luffy's body was lying in front of Ace - with blood flowing in every direction - who was stunned and didn't move. He then looked at Luffy and let go the most agonising scream he could shout, his body then shut itself and he didn't move. Marco saw what happened and before Akainu could do something to him he took Ace away and tried to wake him up.

"Don't try...vhe is broken now." said Ivankov with tears in his eyes. Jinbe was just standing there shocked. He couldn't hear anybody who walked past him, he was just looking at the body of Luffy and at his smiling face. He then heard Akainu say something and he jumped in action. He fought the magma man with all of his might still not hearing anything. Then Whitebeard came with help and used his Gura Gura no mi to slap Akainu to the floor by his face. Everyone was still fighting, every person within 1 kilometre was exhausted. Other admirals tried to stop Marco and the rest of the pirates from escaping but then the scarlet-haired person showed himself in the war.

"Akagami?" Sengoku asked himself. He was trying to stop Garp from becoming berserk on everyone, because his grandson died.

"We came...to stop the war." He stated. Not even noticing what happened to his so-called son, he never thought that he would show himself in the war. Sengoku after much thought stopped the running marines, not only because he respected him as a Yonkou but also because they got almost what they wanted. Shanks was walking around looking for Ace, but he only saw Jinbe in front of some white cloak.

"Oi, you are Jinbe right?" He asked with a smile. Jinbe didn't respond, he only sat there in silence. "What happened, why are you sitting here?" Shanks looked around trying to understand what exactly was going on. But then he looked at the cloak, he saw...sandals. His eyes widened, he tried to catch his breath. Who normal would have taken sandals to war.

He walked closer passing by the fishman. With his one hand he picked the cloak and he moved it so it could show the face. There was a smiling little face he knew too well, he started to shake, trying to hold his tears. He fell on the ground with a hand over his mouth. The person that was behind the cloak was no one other than his own son. He was smiling while blood was running down his mouth.

"Lu...Luffy." He said with tears in his eyes. Benn, who was standing right behind him, didn't smoke any cigarette, Lucky Roo wasn't chewing on his meat, Yasopp wasn't cracking jokes.

Everyone was looking at the scene. Their little boy they knew was lying on the ground while having a hole in his chest, but still he was smiling, like nothing ever happened. Shanks eyes were shadowed, he was biting his lower lip to hold back tears. Marines and other pirates were looking at the scene stunned. The very Yonkou that everyone feared was crying over Straw Hat's body. Shanks then touched Luffy's face with his hand. He felt cold, Luffy already was cold, then he wiped the blood from his mouth.

'"You are still smiling...Anchor" Shanks said with a little smile that faded away quickly. He looked at Benn and of course he understood right away. Benn got closer and picked up Luffy's body and covered his face with the cloak. Jinbe looked at Shanks with blank eyes and he understood that this is the person that will take good care of Luffy's body.

He stood up and with a noticeable click of his wooden sandals he walked towards the sea. Shanks got up and walked to his ship with the rest of the crew behind him, first behind was of course Benn holding Luffy. Marines were looking at them with shock but when Shanks glared at them they looked away. He got on the board of the ship and showed Benn to lay Luffy on the carpet on the ground. Yasopp came with the carpet and laid it down and then Benn gently put Luffy's body on it. Rest of the crew and Shanks were still looking. The first one to talk was Shanks.

"We...are going to make him the best burial he could ever have dreamed of." His crew nodded. Shanks was only thinking about Luffy but he thought about Ace too, he remembered one time that Ace came to thank him for looking out for his brother.

He turned to Whitebeard's ship and saw him on the board. He looked at Shanks and they stared for like 1 minute then they set sail.

Meeting in the middle of the ocean, they got on board Whitebeard's ship where everyone including Marco who just took Ace to his bedroom was. Shanks told them about the island he knew was the perfect place for burial. Whitebeard, unable to say anything, just nodded, he knew what pain is, seeing his son lose his brother was the most painful, even scars weren't that painful. They got on the island, and in the line everyone walked to the cliff where Shanks said Luffy was going to be buried. Benn walked behind Shanks holding Luffy. Everyone was quiet.

Finally after setting the grave, Shanks took the hat he was holding with his one hand and placed it on top of it.

Ace was unconscious and didn't participate in the funeral. Ivancov was too ashamed to show himself and he disappeared from sight in Marineford. Jinbe was still in the sea, no one knew where. Marco and Whitebeard and his crew were with Red Haired pirates. The last one to go was Shanks, still standing in front of the grave.

His cloak was fluttering in the wind, and it showed his missing arm and his sword. Finally when the sun was setting he sat down, he took his sword and placed it beside him. He took off the cloak, for the first time in a while. Shanks looked at the engraved words "Monkey D. Luffy" and touched it lightly.

"You became a great pirate Luffy. I am proud of you. You can keep the hat, it means to you much more. You were like a son to me and even now you are still my son." He said with a smile. His red hair was flying in front of his face and his white sleeve from the left hand was fluttering. He sat there for hours. He didn't want to leave yet. He was remembering all the memories he had with Luffy and how proud he was of him for finally becoming a great pirate. The sun set and night arrived. Shanks let one tear fall down his cheek and said. "Sayonara, Luffy."

-----

I am not crying, you are :''(