Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"It's probably the full moon," Michael answered from beside me. "Alpha, I got you some clothes, and I don't think Kaden will be too happy with you threatening his friend." Shit.

I pried my eyes open, practically ripping the clothes from Michael's grip and pulled on the pair of dark grey sweats and light grey tank top.

"Can you reach him?" I asked Adrian who watched me cautiously.

"No, but he'll be fine, he's always fine. I mean look, he got them to leave," Adrian smiled, but his eyes kept glancing over to the portal.

"I-I can't hold on for much longer," Cameron gasped, his energy being completely drained in front of us.

"Oh shit! What do we do?" I don't know why I was asking Adrian, but for some reason, a part of me trusted him.

It was only a second later that Gabriel came sprinting out of the pack house, landing on his knees just behind Cameron as he held the shaking boy to him, whispering words into his ear.

Zach joined us as well, instantly making himself at home in Adrian's arms.

The sight only made me even more restless.

"Adrian!" Cameron shouted, his eyes flashing.

"Oh shit..." Adrian mumbled to himself. "I can't do that, man. I don't even know how you're doing that...okay, okay...Adrian, think..." he talked under his breath, barely audible.

"If you can't keep it open, I'm going through," I told them, I wouldn't take no for an answer, like hell am I about to leave my mate God knows where on his own.

"You can't. He ordered us to keep you safe, we literally cannot disobey him," Adrian sighed, hesitant to tell me Kaden's commands. He ordered them to keep me safe...

How adorable, I smirked.

"What makes you think you can stop m-"

"Cameron! Shit, hold on, man." I was cut off by Adrian, who rushed to Cameron's side, he gripped the sword too, trying to do whatever the hell it was Cameron was doing, but it didn't work, and the portal was closing.

I stepped towards them once more, but before I could even get close to the portal Adrian was in front of me, I'd barely blinked, he was fast.

"Adam...don't do this..." he almost pleaded.

"I can't leave my mate there alone..." I seethed, and his eyes seemed to flash with something.

"You're right..." he agreed to my surprise.

"Adrian..." Cameron warned him through clenched teeth.

"I'll go," instead the boy grinned, taking a step back away from me.

I wasn't too happy with that alternative if I was being honest, I would rather go myself, and see first-hand that my mate was okay.

Zach didn't seem to like that idea much either and we were so caught up in our "argument" that we didn't hear much of Cameron behind us.

"I'm going," I seethed, glaring daggers at the boy in front of me.

"That won't be necessary."

I froze, warmth spreading through my body as I felt the oxygen reach my lungs much easier than before.

His hand touched my shoulder but all too soon it was gone, leaving me with the ghost of him so close behind.

Instead, he rushed towards Cameron, withdrawing his hands from the sword, and letting him fall back into Gabriel's awaiting arms.