Chapter 16: Cats, Rat, and Dog

3rd Person POV

Raven, Harry, Hermione, and Ron headed down to Hagrid's and on their way, they saw Draco Malfoy, with his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle. "Father might let me keep it's head." Malfoy snickered. They turned around, and noticed the Quartet approaching. "Oh, come to see the show?" Malfoy taunted.

Raven was about to do something but, Hermione beat him to it. "You, you foul loath-some evil little cockroach!" Hermione yelled, pulling her wand out and aiming it towards Malfoy. Malfoy whimpered, being forced against a stone pillar. Crabbe and Goyle looked at her in fear.

"Hermione, no!" Ron protested.

"Hermione, yes!" Raven cheered.

"He's not worth it, Hermione." Ron said. Hermione lowered her wand. Malfoy's whimpering stopped as he saw her easing off.

How lame. Raven thought. Would've been fun to see him hexed.

Hermione turned around, and Malfoy started laughing again. This caused Hermione to turn back around, and deliver a fist straight to his nose.

"Ugh!" Malfoy yelled out it pain, holding his nose. "C'mon, let's get out of here!" He said, as him and his two goons scurried back to the castle.

"That felt good." Hermione said proudly.

"It does doesn't it." Raven said.

"Not good, brilliant." Ron said. This caused them all the smile and chuckle.

They continued down the outdoor steps, heading towards Hagrid's hut. They saw Buckbeak laying there in the pumpkin patch, tight to a post. "Everything will be okay, Buckbeak." Raven assured him. As they got to the door, Hermione knocked.

The door opened, revealing Hagrid. "You shouldn't have come." He said, but he stoop back, and they stepped inside. Hagrid shut the door quickly.

Hagrid was not crying, nor did he throw himself upon their necks. He looked like a man who did not know where he was or what to do. This helplessness was worse to watch than tears. "Want some tea?" Hagrid asked. His great hands were shaking as he reached for the milk jug. His hands trembled so violently that the milk jug slipped from his grasp and shattered all over the floor.

"I'll do it, Hagrid." Hermione said quickly, hurrying over to clean the mess.

"Hold up." Raven said, grabbing Hermione's arm. "You'll cut yourself." Raven pulled his wand out from his sleeve. "Reparo!" He cast, repairing the jug. "Scourgify!" The milk on the floor disappeared.

"Thanks, you two." Hagrid said. "There's another one in the cupboard." Hagrid sat down, and wiped his forehead on his sleeve. Harry glanced at Ron, who looked back hopelessly.

"Isn't there anything anyone can do, Hagrid?" Harry asked fiercely, sitting down next to him. "Dumbledore-"

"He's tried." Hagrid said. "He's got no power to overrule the Committee. He told them Buckbeak's all right, but they're scared... You know what Lucius Malfoy's like...threatened them, I expect... and the executioner, Macnair, he's an old pal of Malfoy's... but it'll be quick and clean...and I'll be beside him..."

Hagrid swallowed. His eyes were darting all over the cabin as though looking for some shred of hope or comfort. "Dumbledore's gonna come down while it-while it happens. "Hagrid said. "Wrote me this morning. Said he wants to-to be with me. Great man, Dumbledore..."

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid." Hermione sobbed, rummaging around for another milk jug in the cupboard.

"You'll do no such thing." Hagrid said. "You think I want you seeing that? You're to go back up to the castle. You shouldn't be down here anyway...If Fudge and Dumbledore catch you out without permission, Harry, you'll be in big trouble."