Chapter 11: Seeker

Raven POV

After Mum dropped me off at the Hogwarts Express, I found an empty compartment. I set my stuff down, let Uri out of her cage, and settled in. I pulled my Fantastic Beasts book I got for Christmas, and began reading it. A bit before the train started moving, the compartment door opened. "Raven...may I join you?" It was Daphne. She asked in an almost hesitant voice.

"Absolutely!" I smiled at her while gesturing to the seat opposite of me. She smiled back and settle in.

"I see you're doing a lot better today than before Christmas break." Daphne stated, noticing my brighter mood.

"Yeah, I had a good talk with Mum, and we got things sorted out. Sorry you had to see me like that." I said looking down.

"Don't be, I'm sure anyone would react the way you did." Daphne assured me. I was a bit surprised by her response. "I'm glad you're doing better though, It's nice to see you smile again." She gave me a warm smile.

"Thanks." I said slightly embarrassed while rubbing the back of my neck. I then noticed she had a black and white ferret in a cage. "You have a pet ferret?" I questioned.

"Yeah." Daphne said, and let it out of the cage. "His name's Chase." Chase hopped from Daphne's lap, and sat next to me, observing me.

"Hi, Chase, aren't you cute." I said scratching his chin. Uri brought her paw onto my arm, to try and bring it down. I looked at her and she was giving, Chase and me quite a look. "Aww, is someone jealous?" I teased. She rolled her eyes and laid back down.

"Ha ha, that's cute." Daphne said. Chase then climbed onto my shoulders. Uri sat back up eyeing him.

"Easy, Uri, he's not going to steal me." I teased her. Uri raised herself against me, so she was standing on her hind legs, and had her front legs on my chest for support. She then rubbed her head onto my neck, as a way to try and tell Chase I belonged to her.

"Someone's territorial." Daphne said.

"Yeah, you have no idea." I said helping Chase back down. "Uri would likely die for me." Uri laid back down, and Chase went back to Daphne.

"Did you have a good Christmas?" Daphne asked.

"I did, it was wonderful." I said. "Mum and I went to my Aunty and Uncle's place. We had a lot of fun there together, I got some cool gifts, and Mum really loved her gift by the way. Thanks again for helping me pick it out."

Daphne giggled. "I'm glad you had a good time, and that your mum loved the gift."

"How was your Christmas?" I asked.

"It was okay." Daphne said. "I mostly hung out with my sister, but we two always have a good time together."

"Oh, I didn't know you had a sister." I said.

"Yeah, Astoria's her name, she's two years younger than me, and we're in the same house." Daphne explained.

"That's nice, I know you said you're not close with your parents, but it's nice that you two have each other." I said.

"Yeah, she's great to have around." Daphne said. I read my book the rest of the ride to Hogwarts. Daphne would play with Chase and Uri, and I'd sometimes join in. The Trolley lady came by and we got some food for the journey.

I entered the Great Hall the next morning, and found Ron and Harry sitting a distance away from Hermione. "Hey, guys." I greeted.

"Hey, Raven." Harry said.

"What's with the tension? Did you have a fight with Hermione?" I asked sitting down and eating my breakfast.

"Yeah, she told Professor McGonagall about Harry's new broomstick, so she confiscated it, thinking it was jinxed." Ron explained.