Chapter 1: Snowspear

A.N. The picture above is an update on Raven's appearance. He's grown his hair out, and looks a bit older. This will be his appearance for years 3 and 4. Enjoy =)

Raven POV

It was an early morning when I was awoken by the smell of bacon and eggs. I quickly got out of bed and rushed downstairs to the kitchen. Mum spotted me while she cooked. "Good morning, Little Bird." She greeted. "The eggs are ready if you want to go ahead and eat. The bacon's almost done." I took a seat and began eating the eggs. "How do they taste?" She asked.

"They're eggcelent." I said making a pun.

Mum groaned. "Is that really the best egg pun you could come up with?" She questioned. "C'mon, I taught you better than that."

"What, do you think you could do better?" I challenged her taking another bite of my eggs.

"That's eggactly what I'll do if you keep egging me on." Mum stated. I couldn't control myself as I snorted. Eggs started flying out my nose and mouth and back onto my plate. Mum burst into laughter. "EEEEEWWWWW Little Bird!" She bent over continuing her laugh. Her laugh made me laugh some more, luckily I had no more food in my mouth.

"I can't believe I just did that." I said laughing and getting a napkin to clean my mess.

"I'm never gonna forget that." Mum said finishing her laugh and then bringing the bacon over. "Don't snort this outta your nose now." Mum joked.

"Don't tempt me with another pun, and I wont." I said. I finished cleaning my mess and we began to eat our breakfast.

"Your hair's gotten long this summer." Mum said swiping her hand through my bangs.

"It has hasn't it." I said moving it with my hand. "Though I kind of like it."

"Yeah, it looks good. You have your father's hair, so you can pull off the long hair look." Mum complimented. "If I grew mine out, it would go everywhere." She motioned her hands expanding over her hand.

"Have you always kept it short? Even when you were young?" I asked.

"Yeah, I grew it out once and hated it, so I've just kept with the same style from then on." Mum said. "And I'm still young."

"You know what I meant." I said chuckling. "Besides you don't look a day over twenty."

"Aww, thank you, Little Bird." Mum said with a warm smile. "Have you thought of a name for your...energy thing?" Mum asked doing a weird gesture with her hands.

"Hmm, I've had a lot of ideas come and go." I said. "There was Sixth Sense Mode, Apex, Predator, Impulse, Intuition..."

"Yeah keep working on that." Mum said bluntly.

"Well, how about Instinct Mode?" I questioned my idea.

"Hmm, I quite like the sound of it. It definitely fits with the way you can connect with creatures." Mum said.

"Then it's settled, Instinct it is." I said.

We had finished eating and were getting ready for the day. Today was the day we would be visiting Eve and Jasper's house. "You about ready, Little Bird?" Mum called from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I called back leaving my room and heading downstairs.

"Alright, you two, we'll be back later this afternoon, so don't destroy the house." Mum said to Uri and Izanami. "There's plenty of food and water for you both. If I come back to a messy house, you're both grounded."

"I'd listen her." I whispered. We exited the house and prepared to leave.

"Alright, since the Snowspear's live in a muggle area, they instructed me to Apparate into their backyard since it's boarded up." Mum explained. "This is your first time Apparating so hold my hand and don't let go." I grabbed her hand and prepared for the worst. "Relax, it won't be that bad."