Chapter 13: Friendship

Raven POV

Harry had convinced Ron to come watch him practice before Saturday's match, to get his mind off of Scabbers. I went with them. Madam Hooch, who had been overseeing Gryffindor's practice's was just as impressed by Harry's Firebolt as everyone else had been.

Ron and I were impressed and entranced by how fast and mobile, Harry's Firebolt was. Seeing him speed through the field, and turn so sharply was incredible. It got me really excited to try it out after the match.

After practice, Ron, Harry and I were heading back up to the castle. Harry stopped and looked into the darkness. I looked and noticed that he was looking at two pairs of glowing eyes. "Lumos!" Harry cast to see.

"Relax." I said. "It's just Uri and Crookshanks."

"Get out of here!" Ron roared, and he stopped down and seized a stone lying on the grass. Before he could throw it, I stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Hey!" I barked. "Don't throw things at them!"

"He ate Scabbers!" Ron said. "And who's to say your cat isn't innocent either!"

"Uri's never been in the Gryffindor common room." I defended.

"You don't know that. She could have been." Ron retorted.

"I do know!" I said. "I keep a constant watch on where she is by sensing her energy, so I know she's safe. She's never once been in the Gryffindor common room!" Uri then came up to me. I smiled and picked her up. "Don't go dragging me and my cat in your drama."

"Sorry, it's just, I'm still angry about what happened to Scabbers." Ron apologized.

"It's okay." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. "I understand, I would be angry if someone hurt or killed Uri."

"Thanks, Raven." Ron said. "And sorry, Uri." He gave her small pets. We walked back to the castle, and I went to my dorm.

The next morning, we were eating breakfast, as the match between Gryffindor and Slytherin was today. The Slytherin team was thunderstruck at Harry's new broom. "Did you see his face?" Ron said gleefully, looking back at Draco. "He can't believe it! This is brilliant!"

"Put it here, Harry." Wood said. Harry laid the broom in the middle of the table for everyone to see. People from my house and Hufflepuff came over to look. Cedric Diggory came over to congratulate him. Penelope Clearwater asked if she could hold it.

"Now, now, Penny, no sabotage!" Percy said heartily. Sod off, Percy. I thought. Penelope put it down, thanked Harry, and went back to her table.

"Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" Draco said, in his cold drawling voice.

"Yeah, reckon so." Harry said casually.

"Got plenty of special features, hasn't it?" Draco said, with his eyes glittering maliciously. "Shame it doesn't come with a parachute-in case you get too near a Dementor."

"Pity you can't attach an extra arm to yours, Malfoy." Harry retorted. "Then it could catch the Snitch for you."

Everyone laughed loudly. Draco's pale eyes narrowed, and stalked away. "That was a good one, Harry." I said patting him on the back. "I'm so proud."

Gryffindor had beat Slytherin, as Harry caught the Snitch pretty early into the match. Draco's broom stood no chance at keeping up with Harry's Firebolt. Then again, Draco wasn't much of a Seeker anyway. Even with all the dirty tactics Slytherin tried, they failed to win.

I went down onto the field to congratulate him. We were so happy that we would be playing against each other in the Quidditch cup, that we hugged each other jumping. Alicia, Angelina, and Katie kissed Harry, much to his surprise.