💜 I'm Sorry 💜

Donnie liked you. He liked you a lot. However, he was not great at showing you that.

"Babe. Babe. Babe." You poked him in the arm after each word. "Dooooooonnie..." You groaned, flopping on top of him. He gently tried to get you off.

"Not now, (Y/N). I'm busy." You sighed.

"Too busy for me?" You pouted.

Donnie finally got out from under you. "Yes! Now let me work!" He said exasperatedly. He pushed you out of his lab and closed the door.

You leaned against it, a frown on your face. You messed up. Again.

Donnie felt bad for kicking you out, but he was getting overwhelmed with all the touching. He sat on his chair, thinking. An idea popped into his head, and he immediately got to work on a gift for you.

~~~

You also felt guilty. However, the solution was clear. You had to make it up to Donnie somehow. You walked into the kitchen.

"MIKEYYYYY!!!" You called. The young box shell came hurling towards you like a cannonball. He jumped at you and knocked you over while you clung on like a koala bear.

"HI, (Y/N)!!!" Mikey shared your energy and love of physical contact, so you two often exchanged hugs. "HOW ARE YOU?!"

You laughed. "I'm doing okay." You stood up, pulling him with you. As you dusted off your skirt you added, 'I think I made D mad at me."

Mikey looked pensive. "Hmmm... this sounds like a job for..." He turned around and you chuckled knowing what was coming. He spun to face you again, sporting a turtleneck and glasses, slideshow prepared and somehow, in the kitchen. "Dr. Feelings!"

You cleared your throat. "Well, Doc, could you help me?"

"Of course. What seems to be the issue?" You explained what happened as he nodded along.

"I see... in my professional opinion, you and Mr. Donatello seem to have different love languages. Yours is physical touch. Donnie's, however, is not. Now, what makes Donnie feel loved?" You thought.

"I don't know, he always seems really happy when I compliment him or ask about his projects?" Mikey nodded.

"Good, good. Words of affirmation. Anything else?" You thought some more.

"He loves to give me little presents, you know, like a pretty necklace with a panic button on it, and always gets excited when I get him something, even if it isn't that big."

"Okay, gift giving as a love language. Excellent. Now, how can you use those to show Donnie how much you love him?" He held up a piece of paper in a 'subtle' way.

"Oh, I don't know... write a card." Mikey's face lit up.

"Great idea! I knew Dr. Feelings could help." He took off his glasses and walked away, coming back with some more paper and a box of drawing supplies.

~~~

While you made your card, Donnie worked quickly in his lab. He paused, looking at what he built, then hastily walked out of his lab, towards Raph's room.

"Raph. I need a stuffed animal." Raph looked up from his comic.

"Huh? How come?" Donnie rolled his eyes.
"It doesn't matter why, I just need one."

"Donnie, if you don't stop this middle child nonsense-" Donnie cut him off.

"Fine! I got in a fight with (Y/N). She was touching me too much and I got annoyed, so I kicked her out of my lab before I got too angry. You know, like so angry I said or did something I'd regret, only I did do something I regret, I kicked her out of my lab, so now I'm making her a gift and I need to get it right so she doesn't hate me, so may I please have a stuffed animal?" He ranted, flopping onto his older brother's bed.