"I hate that you're going through this, Princess. I really do," Damian said with such anger that when I turned to him, I wasn't shocked as I found his jaw clenched so tightly that I feared it would break. His eyes were dark with emotion, and his knuckles were white from gripping the steering well as though he was holding tight to dear life. "If he doesn't sort himself out soon, mate or not, I'm getting him." He said through gritted teeth, but the honesty in his words was unparalleled.

"Thank you, Damian," I weakly smiled at him. "I really appreciate it."

"As I told you before, I do not tolerate anyone harming my family. My wolf will kill me if I let him get away with harming you for longer without him facing some repercussions." He sighed as we parked in front of a quaint, cute but empty bakery. There were only a few cars loitered around ours, making it almost deserted. I guess that's what happens when most people are heading home to prepare dinner instead of stopping by for some sweet treats and coffee.

The sudden sound of my phone buzzing in my jean pockets had me reaching into it and pulling it out to find a text.

Hey, how does a movie night at my place sound? My treat. I'll even buy some popcorn, beer, and sodas? - Nolan Bear.

A smile took over my features as I giggled.

If we can watch Moana, I'm game- "I teased.

A few seconds later, a message came through.

I'm sure Grace will appreciate that. See you later, then? - Nolan Bear.

Wouldn't miss it. - I quickly typed back before putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Someone seems happy," Damian's teasing voice suddenly reminded me of his presence. How embarrassing. Something tells me he knew who I was talking to, and that made it all the more embarrassing. "Come on, Princess." He laughed as he got out of the car and was standing outside of my door before I could open it. He opened the door and helped me out, urging me to leave my bag in the car before locking it and guiding me towards the cafe's entrance.

He opened the door for me before following me in. 

We were immediately engulfed by the sweet aroma of pastries and coffee beans. The café had a few people enjoying some coffee, muffins, croissants, and cupcakes, but it was far from crowded.

He let his hand gently nudge me towards the counter by the small of my back.

"Good afternoon, y'all," The cashier smiled at us," What can I get you today?"

Damian gently encouraged me to order with a nod. I lightly smiled and asked," May I have a cappuccino flavoured cupcake, one chocolate croissant, and a cup of coffee with milk, please?"

The cashier nodded as she recorded my order into the system before facing Damian," Just some coffee with cream, please?"

"Alright," The cashier enthusiastically nodded. "That will be 106 peus."

Damian nodded and pulled out his silver card. The lady grabbed the card machine and typed in the amount before handing it to Damian, who pressed it against the scanner before a receipt rolled out of the machine. In the meanwhile, he put the card back in his wallet and stuffed the wallet in his front pocket.

"I'm sorry, I'll pay you back." I guiltily smiled at him.

A quiet growl grumbled from his chest before he let out a deep breath. Funny enough, I didn't feel at all scared at the growl. Instead, I chose nonchalance over the feeling of safety.

"You will do no such thing, Princess. Trust me, I'll be doing this many more times in the future. Goodness, you are just like your mother." He huffed at me.

I couldn't help myself as I giggled at the older man who resembled a child right now.

"Like they say, like mother like daughter, right?" I asked.

He playfully rolled his eyes and placed his hand on the small of my back as he guided me towards a table in the middle of the room.

He pulled the chair out for me before plopping down in the chair in front of me. "I guess the apple really doesn't fall too far from the tree with you and your mother."

I hummed in response just as a waitress appeared in front of our tables.

"Here you go," She gently smiled as she placed my cappuccino, croissant, and cupcake in front of me. Then, she placed Damian's coffee in front of him. "Please enjoy." With that, she was off with her tray hanging beside her as she went over to another table. There was another waiter, a boy, but he was standing next to the counter and talking to the cashier. Considering that the café barely had people to serve, I didn't blame him.

"So," I faced Damian. The immediate aroma of sugar and coffee beans striking my nose and making my tastebuds tingle. The sight of the cupcake only made me want to drool even more, but I managed to fight the urge as I rather enjoyed the sweet smell emitting from the sugary treat. "What did you want to talk about?"

He sighed and leaned against his chair before facing me with nervous features.

"You know that there's an upcoming induction ceremony coming for you and your mom and as Alpha, I have to say who and what you are to either me or the pack," He slowly explained as his fingers gently thumped against the table. I nodded in understanding as I grabbed the croissant and took a nervous bite, but it was worth it. The sweet taste of chocolate and pastry that filled my mouth sent my senses on overdrive as I quietly moaned in delight. I could tell that this café would soon be my favourite place in the whole town. " I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I introduced you as my daughter?" He nervously cleared his throat as the thumping stopped.

The silence that plagued us after his question was deafening as I listened to my thoughts. The sweet treats in front of me were already forgotten as I seemed to weigh the pros and cons in my mind.

"I can always introduce you as just your mother's child, if you'd prefer?" He asked with such sadness and disappointment that I immediately felt very bad. "I know you don't know me well enough yet, and I promise you, I won't force you into anything. I do want to get to know you though, and trust me, I would be fine if you see me as your mother's significant other forever," He nervously rambled, but his words held so much pain. "I won't stop treating you like a daughter because to me you are. I'm not trying to replace your father either, I'm just..." He trailed off.

"You're overthinking," I softly smiled at him."

He weakly chuckled but nodded.

"Yeah." He sighed.

"Look, Damian, I want to get to know you better too, I really do. And, I can see the efforts you've been putting as well in trying to get to know me. I'm sorry that I've been so busy because I genuinely do want to get to know you. I don't know why, but you make me feel almost just like how Mom makes me feel. Safe, comforted, taken care of, and yet I don't know you enough. I know there's a bond at play here, but even as I ignore it, Mom told me how you practically always have someone following me to keep me safe. I just don't know them and haven't seen them. In some ways, you're already treating me like a daughter, and so, I would be honoured to be introduced as your daughter. I know our personal relationship still has a way to go, but we'll take it one step at a time. Just remember that I've never had a father figure in my life, nevertheless a father. It's a foreign concept to me, and at this age, I'm close to not needing one, I think. I'm so comfortable with having a mother that it will be a bit difficult for me to accept or even get used to having someone care for me like Mom does aside from my grandparents. All I ask is that you please be patient with me."

"Just like you've been patient with me." A familiar voice appeared. My muscles instantly tensed as my heart skipped a beat at the appearance of the voice behind me.